Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seedbox or Usenet?

Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    A better comparison would be rapidshare (direct downloading) or usenet

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    I don’t like usenet. Pirates work their asses so hard to bring a free multimedias. What right does usenet providers have to charge their works?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    beansis's Avatar Pussy Liquor
    go with usenet since it has SSL
    you don't want to be downloading anything at college unless it through an encrypted connection since a lot of uni networks are monitored by staff and also RIAA and other organizations, and you should also keep in mind that typically colleges have a bandwith cap/month.

Get astraweb - $96/yr unlimited speed/bandwidth, has pretty much everything unless you are looking for something uber-specific and no worries about crap uploading

If you still want to use torrents or ddl (liek rs, etc) you should consider VPN

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    sangos's Avatar T|-|E RE/-\PER BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by beansis View Post
    go with usenet since it has SSL
    you don't want to be downloading anything at college unless it through an encrypted connection since a lot of uni networks are monitored by staff and also RIAA and other organizations, and you should also keep in mind that typically colleges have a bandwith cap/month.

Get astraweb - $96/yr unlimited speed/bandwidth, has pretty much everything unless you are looking for something uber-specific and no worries about crap uploading

If you still want to use torrents or ddl (liek rs, etc) you should consider VPN
    i think this is the wise choice too, since in a uni torrent by default are limited and monitored and with the new ways they come up with everyday u better off with something that would help u stay away from troubles,

bottom line : go with usenet!!

change it so i dont get my A** Kicked

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    at my uni default usenet port is blocked so you need to use other port, 23 I think, so be sure your usenet provider offer alternative port connection if default is block.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    If your provider supports SSL, wouldn't using that work, also? Since as far as I know, secure connections are made on another port.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    As far as bang for your buck, USENET by far. I would only really consider a seedbox if you are uploading new torrents and need the bandwidth for initial seeding.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    As others said usenet for sure for you will be far too busy partying, studying and trying to get laid so why complicate your life with any sort of monthly plan and the hassles of maintaining a tracker membership. The less commitments the better playa. Buy a $25 180gb astraweb plan, an nzbmatrix lifetime subscription and that should last you awhile.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Windows seedbox for sure if you plan to upload your own torrents, not just farm torrents from other sites. Uploading is one of the best ways to contributing to a tracker. So for that reason I would say seedbox. Usenet is only useful for downloading and you could also use rapidshare for that.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    30+ euros a month for a good seedbox, then still have to FTP the stuff to your home computer or $11 a month for unlimited downloads, no uploading back required and direct to your home PC.

Not a hard one, why people insist on buying things like 1gbit seedboxes really does baffle me and then brag about it like it's there home connection. I can understand people renting 100mbit boxes as they're not that expensive especaily if they have the money but anything higher is stupid. Congratulations you pay 80 plus euros for a 1gbit sever when I can get all the same content on my home PC for a mere $11 a month.

You have to use many different trackers to find all the content you want when you can find anything on usenet from the popular groups just by using a index site
    Last edited by jaymmmmmm; 09-03-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast