Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PTP Closing Down!

A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter
    This all seems like an elaborate ruse to get someone, who wasn't favored, into such a position.
    I think there are enough conspiracy theories flying around.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Well, maybe it's time to start thinking about another tracker ahead. I really like the tracker and all but who knows if it's going to survive for another month or two?

So, if it really closes, what would be a good substitute? Sheriff already said PTN but another user said TC (which I don't even know what TC stands for, on purpose I guess ).

ps: by substitute I mean a tracker as easy (or hard) to survive as PTP and with a good movie database.

Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    I think there are enough conspiracy theories flying around.
    If it's conspiracy or not, I don't know but we have heard enough to call that "problem".
    Last edited by 7th; 08-15-2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    TC is TehConnection, it's also a gazelle movie tracker. It's one of the oldest gazelle trackers in existence but it's never really "taken off" from what I've seen. They're usually looking for new members and invites aren't too hard to come by. Nice looking place and friendly people, I'd give it a try.

Goem is also a nice place, the design is much more oldschool though.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    TC is TehConnection...
    Thanks ca_aok for the quick answer! I'll take a look into those cause I don't want to end up with more then one movie tracker =/
    Last edited by 7th; 08-15-2010 at 03:03 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by 7th View Post
    Well, maybe it's time to start thinking about another tracker ahead. I really like the tracker and all but who knows if it's going to survive for another month or two?

So, if it really closes, what would be a good substitute? Sheriff already said PTN but another user said TC (which I don't even know what TC stands for, on purpose I guess ).

ps: by substitute I mean a tracker as easy (or hard) to survive as PTP and with a good movie database.
    Totally depends on what floats your boat.
    I like Goem even though it seems to have fallen off considerably lately .On the other hand I didn't like TC ( or PTP ) because it seemed like PTN to some extent to operate more like an 0day -everyone jumps on whatever is new and after the initial burst of activity it pretty much flatlines .
    For sheer content though no dedicated movie tracker matches up to Demonoid or ru.torrents or Zamunda.Believe me I know of what i speak because I've hunted high and low for stuff for years.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-15-2010 at 03:10 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Totally depends on what floats your boat... Believe me I know of what i speak because I've hunted high and low for stuff for years.
    So maybe you can help me (and others in the same situation) deciding Idol. I would like to have access to quite new movies (not those still on cinema cause I don't like cam releases). I don't care much about old movies (from 90' and newer are fine to me). I'm not too much into movies.

I think you'll laugh but, at PTP I normally check the top 10 and comments of each movie; I search for some specific movies from time to time (but I don't know many) and I also check "movie covers" if it interests me, then I check the comments about the movie to decide if I'll download it or not (but this last strategy has granted me some "epic fails" already)

You see? I'm not a pro

edit: in a second thought, maybe I don't need another tracker at all =/ I can download some movies from other trackers too and I have a demonoid account, YES!
    Last edited by 7th; 08-15-2010 at 03:49 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Totally depends on what floats your boat... Believe me I know of what i speak because I've hunted high and low for stuff for years.
    So maybe you can help me (and others in the same situation) deciding Idol. I would like to have access to quite new movies (not those still on cinema cause I don't like cam releases). I don't care much about old movies (from 90' and newer are fine to me). I'm not too much into movies.

I think you'll laugh but, at PTP I normally check the top 10 and comments of each movie; I search for some specific movies (but I don't know many) and I also check "movie covers" if it interests me, then I check the comments about the movie to decide if I'll download it or not

You see? I'm not a pro
    I've been ridiculed for saying it before but I think the great thing about movies ( or music) is that everyone is able to appreciate them(it) in their own way.
    Along similar lines that that unfortunately also means I can't decide for you ,only give you my opinion which may turn out not to be the best one.

Anyway like ca_aok said nothing wrong with TC or goem or for that matter PTN or CN .I only tend to favour goem because I like how unpretentious the place is and I've personally had better luck finding lesser known movies there than at other places

If however you like the bell and whistles and a good community or at least a community then PTN is nice and you really can't beat the fact that it is ratioless.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-15-2010 at 03:50 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Upz, I just edited my last post to say that I probably don't need another tracker for movies. In fact, if PTP closes, I'll miss it but, thinking positively, it will be one tracker less to manage, which is great =D
    If I ever have problems finding something, I'll think about goem then. Thanks Idol!
    Last edited by 7th; 08-15-2010 at 03:56 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Upz, I just edited my last post to say that I probably don't need another tracker for movies. In fact, if PTP closes, I'll miss it but, thinking positively, it will be one tracker less to manage, which is great =D
    If I ever have problems finding something, I'll think about goem then. Thanks Idol!
    Not a problem but if you want to do something in return you can hook me up with a hawt Brazilian chick.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Not a problem but if you want to do something in return you can hook me up with a hawt Brazilian chick.
    would you mind to pay the expenses to send her to Canada?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast