Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Predictions For November's Elections?

Here are the general possibilities...

1. Democrats gain seats in one or both houses

2. Democrats hold on to what they have in both houses

3. Democrats lose seats in one or both houses, but not more than what would be expected in an average mid-term election, and they maintain control of both houses.

4. Democrats lose control of one house, but keep the other one. They will now have to work in a bi-partisan manner to get things done.

5. Republicans sweep both houses, and we get a new speaker of the house and a new majority leader, and Obama becomes a lame duck in his first term.

Any predictions?
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The party who spends the most will win. In most countries with the archaic first past the post system only about a third of the votes matter. They are the people who think before they vote. The rest are dogmatic and vote for the party they or their fathers have always voted for. Concentrate on the undecided third, at any cost, and you have won the election.

A politician is someone elected by the people to represent themselves.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    There are definitely those who will vote a "straight ticket"-- either all Democrat or all Republican, and the money spent on advertisement is really wasted on them. The ones who seem to be swinging the elections over here are the ones who are registering as "Independents" rather than Democrts and Republicans.

In the last election they tended to swing left, but I think they will swing to the right this time around.

But will it be enough for Republicans to take back both houses? I doubt it. I think they will be lucky to get the House of Representatives back. But if they do get it back, they will be able to block most of the President's agenda by cutting off funding for his programs. Of course, that might come back to bite them in the ass at the next election after that.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Yep, I was right. Republicans took back the House, but not the Senate.

Hopefully, 2 years from now, we can kick Obama's communist ass out of the White House.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    "Obama's communist ass", eh?

You are a moron.
    Pure and simple (emphasis on "simple").

In two years the class of incoherent losers that you helped propel to power will have revealed themselves to be the inept idiots that I know them to be now.

You see, even in our imperfect world, it would have been prudent for the Rethugs to at least make an effort to help lead our country out of the present morass (mostly caused by them in the first place) but no, what we hear instead is that the right has no intention of governing at all, the goal is to gridlock the country as they continue to bully the President.
    Well done, prepare to reap what ye have sown.
    Last edited by clocker; 11-04-2010 at 11:42 PM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    They are all crooks, or 99% is. Now the other crooks are in charge of the House. People want change but they keep voting these morons into office. Until the sheep wake up and realize that they are being spoon fed BS, there isn't any hope for the USA as it degrades further due to corruption and greed.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    I would prefer gridlock to the far left commie agenda of Obama being rammed down our throats.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/meet...od-communists/

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    The party who spends the most will win.
    The dems spent a shit-ton more than the republicans, Bob.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

It is more likely that their declaration was the more honest. Not taking sides, just know how politicians work.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Oh, I think not.
    Especially when the anonymous corporate money is considered.
    In fact, even throwing out batshit crazy/rich outliers like Meg Whitman, conservatives out spent liberals by over two to one.

I know it's easier to just make shit up Kevin, but really, you can do better.
    Last edited by clocker; 11-07-2010 at 12:22 AM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast