Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Banned from tracker...Possibility of getting back in?

I was a member of a well known breakfast music tracker. After three weeks I was banned/disabled due to my invitee selling invites. I did not purchase my invite. I went to IRC and spoke to mods. I was told that if I found a new invitee I could get back in. This was my first private tracker and I have some questions regarding the decision:

1. Does this sound feasible/like something the mods normally do?
    2. How likely is anyone going to help?
    3. I've read many posts of the harshness of the mods. This isn't a trap to screw someone else over is it? In their rules it states inviting a banned individual results in you being banned. He did state that I would have to come to IRC to get the invite code.
    4. Should I just give up trying to get back in?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    No, it is a legitimate offer.

I was posed with the same issue as you, and I did infact get an invite back in...
    Once you get a legitimate invite, you have to go straight to their disabled channel and tell them.. They will give you directions from there.

*unfortunately I was linked to a bad website which was brought up in a discussion on here, so I was banned later on.....

Anyway.... But if what your saying is true, you will be fine.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 08-18-2010 at 12:50 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    What TVCY says is true. If anyone knows about trouble, it's him.

BTW, good to see you, TVCY! It's been a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    What TVCY says is true. If anyone knows about trouble, it's him.

BTW, good to see you, TVCY! It's been a while.
    Hey megabyteme, lol I didn't even recognize you with your new avatar.

I know my activity has been pretty low on FST ever since starcraft II came out lol.
    Seems like I missed so much in the matter of a week.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I think we are all still getting used to the new format. Some of it is kinda fun- I like to see what kind of raunchy stuff I can get on the front page.

Hope you can drag yourself away from your game to hang with us a bit more...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Thanks for the info guys... Now onto building some rep so I can get a new invite

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Rep does not equal an invite, high rep just means you give your own invites away recklessly and without thought (even moreso when you're a newer member).

I'd just write a decent request in the forum, openly discuss your situation, and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    so they urge you to hunt a new invite with all that can imply and lead to (req on bt forums or 'exchanges of favors' among others - precisely what they are opposed to) instead of simply reenabling your account.

i really don't understand this approach.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls you
    I know my activity has been pretty low on FST ever since starcraft II came out lol.
    you better still be using that super special lossless music tracker i invited you to a long time ago

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Just go on with the offer.. abnned once, bad, not good. But banned twicemeans the chance of you getting back in private tracker community is really low..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast