View Poll Results: Should a scene tracker allow P2P releases?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 68.57%
  • No

11 31.43%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should a scene tracker allow P2P releases?

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Should a scene tracker allow P2P releases?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Thats not scene ( only ) tracker anymore, but i guess nothing is black or white today.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    b3owulf's Avatar facepalm.jpg
    Do you feel more 1337 on a scene tracker rather than on Scene+p2p one? A lot of p2p groups release QH stuff which is just better than some Scene releases, it would be dull to allow only and only Scene. Of cours I'm not saying that all that are strictly Scene-only like SCC and TV should upload p2p, but FTN is a whoe different story.

The thread should be renamed since we all know which tracker Polarbear has in mind.
    Last edited by b3owulf; 08-18-2010 at 09:49 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Di@monds's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    to be or not to be....just create your own tracker and you can do whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by b3owulf View Post
    Do you feel more 1337 on a scene tracker rather than on Scene+p2p one? A lot of p2p groups release QH stuff which is just better than some Scene releases, it would be dull to allow only and only Scene. Of cours I'm not saying that all that are strictly Scene-only like SCC and TV should upload p2p, but FTN is a whoe different story.
    SCC and SceneHD are both strictly scene-only.
    vision and flawless are among the best scene rls groups

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Is this a trick question?
    And no,not all of us being particularly giving a fuck as to the intricacies of stupid shit ,know which tracker Polarbear is talking about.
    I will say that any general tracker that artificially limits it's potential content is patently ,to use the word again ,stupid.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-18-2010 at 12:44 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I have seen several P2P rips on SCC, so maybe look harder if you can't find them.

As for why this poll is even here, I have no idea. Non-members opinion on whether a site, which again, they are not even a member of, should do this or that is completely irrelevant IMO. If someone is a member then vote and voice their opinion in the relevant thread.

All in all this site is filled with people who want quality, while the site in question has at least a quarter of members picking scene over quality.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 08-18-2010 at 01:50 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Someone in the original discussion thread over there was going on about how Scene HD stuff was better than P2P because of "standards". Clearly they're uninformed regarding what P2P releases would constitute (they probably assume it's all aXXo). Anyway I don't really care, it's a 0-day site, that's what I expect from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Actually not even uninformed, just purposely ignorant. But nothing can be done there, since I managed to get it locked by drunk posting.

I still think the site specific discussion belongs there and not here.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Oh I completely agree. Sort of reminds me of the "Do You Use Azureus" Poll after What/Waffles banned it. Threads here aren't going to change anything and the opinions of people who aren't members aren't going to change their minds...
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    A "pure" Scene tracker would, in theory, never allow P2P releases. Not to say I don't like them, though - 90% of the movies I download are from that kind of groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    I have seen several P2P rips on SCC, so maybe look harder if you can't find them.
    This I wasn't aware of.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast