Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fastest 56k Speed

Poster
    i am one of the few who have 56k, go on laugh, well the fastest i can get my Vloads to get is 5k anyone who knows where i can get an accelerator? or any "softwarez" sites ;-)

U RNT LEET LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Accelerators won't work.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by mooseman2070@4 November 2003 - 11:27
    i am one of the few who have 56k, go on laugh, well the fastest i can get my Vloads to get is 5k...
    There's probably more 56k users here than you'd think...

...and you're lucky getting 5k. I hardly ever get better than 4.5k peak and 3.6k average, due to my crappy old phonelines.

If you want faster data transfer, splash out and get adsl or cable.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    ^^^^if your rich.
    I'm on 56k, and mine speeds are mostly 6kb/s. Believe me or not. I unplug all my other phone lines when im online. I don't know if this is helping or not...but something is.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    muchspl2
    agread with gre1
    no program to speed up a 56k, and I have never saw a increass with tcp tweekers, so upgread or live with it

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    YOU SUCK: True... adsl ain't cheap if you live downunder. *shakes fist @ Telstra*

I already tried disconnecting our other phoneline, but it made no difference.
    It's not the line inside my house, it's the shoddy old cabling they have on the street that slows my connection down.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    there is nothing you can realy do to raise your speed on klite with 56k, and 5 to 8 kb are what your download speed is suppose to be anyways

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by mooseman2070@4 November 2003 - 01:57
    i am one of the few who have 56k, go on laugh, well the fastest i can get my Vloads to get is 5k anyone who knows where i can get an accelerator? or any "softwarez" sites ;-)
    What does it say on the connection icon in the system tray for you connection speed?

Even when I had dialup, I would only connect at 40,000 bps, sometimes 42,666 bps, one day even 44,000 bps. (&#33

If you are getting lower than this a possible option is to get in touch with your telephone company and get them to increase the volume on your line, this might give you a stronger connection, but even so you won't be able to get downloads any faster than about 7k.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    The Reverand's Avatar www.gamufi.com
    Originally posted by barbarossa+4 November 2003 - 10:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (barbarossa @ 4 November 2003 - 10:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mooseman2070@4 November 2003 - 01:57
    What does it say on the connection icon in the system tray for you connection speed?

Even when I had dialup, I would only connect at 40,000 bps, sometimes 42,666 bps, one day even 44,000 bps. (!)

If you are getting lower than this a possible option is to get in touch with your telephone company and get them to increase the volume on your line, this might give you a stronger connection, but even so you won't be able to get downloads any faster than about 7k. [/b][/quote]
    When I was on 56k I always connected at 46, every time...
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 09:55 AM.
    www.gamufi.com/forums
    www.getfirefox.com
    www.outfoxed.com
    4MB/384

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Lemmỵ's Avatar Member
    Far out. I&#39;ve never had a pop greater than 4.3kb/s, and even that glory never outlasts a minute or two. I&#39;m usually around 3kb/s with good sources. Could it have anything to do with living in a block of 40yr old flats? (I connect at a solid 40.0kbps)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast