Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Movie Hopping Vs Pirating

BANNED
    I think i'm slightly to old & passed movie hopping..but i havent got a conscience about downloading them.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Roosh@4 November 2003 - 07:36
    I assume he's referring to paying to see one flick in a multiplex, moseying on down to another theater to see another for free.

Been known to devote a Saturday once in a blue moon to movie-hopping -- Did that a couple of weeks ago for Kill Bill & School of Rock.

Pirating hits businesses a hell of a lot harder than movie hopping: losing $5-$10 every now & then on one ticket vs having some form of media available for free to millions at a time.
    dude. in canada, every does that. i bought 1 ticket, and stayed at the theater all day, and watched every single movie. got kinda dizzy, but it's all good.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    movie hopping is best cos you get a big screen and there is actually a chance of getting caught

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I got caught before by some girls. They shined that bright as light on us and told us to come here then when we went out there after 5 mins they told us we could got in there and watch it. I was like Why the fuck did u just come get me for nothing.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    zinc1's Avatar Poster
    I've got a funny story to tell about Movie Hopping & Pirating.
    My 14 year old son is a regular visitor to cinemas and a few weeks back he told me that he paid in to watch a movie with his friends and then they went in to see another one for free.
    That really made me mad and I told him off telling him thats like stealing and he should always pay to watch a movie and never do it again.

Then I think about what I do this is like stealing as well in a way,Even though I always watch the big movies before downloading them and borrowing to mates.
    I think in a way I've already paid for it.so my concious is clear and I really don't feel guilty.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Poster
    The most I ever hopped was 3 movies.

I paid for "Die Another Day then went into "The Ring" "Jackass" and either "Spirited Away (really cool)" or "House of 1000 corpses (really bad)"

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Poster
    Never hopped but download films quite a lot. i rarely d/l a film b4 havin seen it in the theatres tho

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Hmmm..never movie hopped but I think it's worse than pirating..for the culprit that is! L.OL! AT least with this d'l thing it's hard to get caught and it isn't as blatant...plus we do pay for our internet services. Is it MY fault that there are movies everywhere waiting to be downloaded??? I think not!!

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Hopping is usually better than pirating beacuse
    1-you at least paid something to the right industry (admission)
    2-"the seat is empty anyways" lol

but when pirating a movie, you are paying to the wrong industry(I assume pirating refers to paying $5 for a illegal dvd) and there is a chance that you will share the pirated movie to all your friends and families which will lead to more damage to the movie makers

so as from the movie makers' perspective, hopping is probably 3 times better than pirating

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    closest ive done to hopping is i went into 8 mile... baby wouldnt stop crying for 20 min so i went to die another day

i would have done it this other time when i went to see triple x because i payed for that went out then my mom said i gotta go do some stuff so you can either come or go see another movie... i was like WTF! i could have just fuckin gone to another one instead of getting another fucking ticket

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast