Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rapidspeeds Gbit NL review/discussion

Poster
    Doesn't seem to be one of these yet so I'll just make it

I've had it (4GB 1TB version) for about 48 hours now, so far nothing that impressive. Download hit 45MB/s from a 85GB SCC pack with plenty of peers. Upload on 6 small public torrents (TV shows) isn't going above 12MB/s, definitely lack of BW (5Gbps per rack of 35 servers =~140Mbit each roughly)

However, given it is all new, everyone is thrashing the connection so perhaps in a few more days it will settle down a bit. For the price, still very decent for unmetered 100Mbit LW.

So far haven't tested file up/down speeds, will test that shortly once the torrent BW stops being capped.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Be it NL or OVH or any other country, 99 pounds for an unmetered 1000Mbps server is too low for good speeds, your download seems to be fine for a shared line remember SCC has all ovh boxes and OVH -> anywhere in the world outside of ovh is basically crappy routing so i would say 45MB/sec is fine to download

check ftp with another NL/OVH and see what you get with a single thread, that should give you a better indicator. Test upload via ftp too and also on private trackers with a lot of leechers and few seeders to get the best indicator. Never ever rely on public torrents (they are the worst for indicating speeds)

I just realized you are on ovh forums too LOL the amount of bitching there that goes on is amazing (i am there too). Was flipping out on internal bw being counted a week ago.
    Last edited by satya87; 08-28-2010 at 04:35 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    I did check via SCP and the total speed stayed at 12MB/s, it just stole 3 from the torrents. Public torrents are perfectly fine for testing, you are wrong about them being worse since private sites rarely have a lack of upload. But either which way, it is so consistently 12MB/s it is obviously being capped somewhere.

I've done all the maths and 99GBP for Gbit isn't too bad, they can easily deliver 200Mbit or more without a problem (normally anyway, perhaps not in the first few weeks of this new setup), so in that regard it isn't too bad. But not seeing much more than this, would be better off with a SP mini unmetered version.

I'll update this thread as time goes on, for a little last night I was 15MB/s but it has dropped down again.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Well ask rapidspeeds why it is maxing out at only 12-15MB/sec it could be the set up it could be BW rapeage

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    There is a thread open on their forum maybe post something there so they can see it and answer questions there.

And others that have the servers can see what is going on with them

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    Why are you two treating me like a noob? This isn't a help thread, it is a review/discussion thread. I know perfectly well why it is maxing out there, and I have a ticket open and they are working on it as it is a general problem.

Perhaps you should take notice I run a seedbox company, and therefore know everything there is to know about this and probably don't need your advice....

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    A guy at the RS forums is claiming his HDD is showing as "VMware Virtual Disk"
    Is the 1TB model (D-1000) a real physical server or a VMware VPS?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelen View Post
    Why are you two treating me like a noob?

Perhaps you should take notice I run a seedbox company, and therefore know everything there is to know about this and probably don't need your advice....
    Arrogance FTW.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    I don't see that anywhere, where did he see it?

It performs far to well to be a VPS, it would have to be the bigger 2x1TB 8GB server with dual quad core split into only 2 users to be anywhere even close and even then only if the other person wasn't doing anything, which isn't the case.

heiska why don't you contribute something instead of being a total asshat troll?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    This is the exact attitude why noone wants to help you out when your server got hacked on OVH forums..noone was treatign you like a noob people are merely chipping in ideas..and helping u..big deal if you run a seedbox company..so do many others and do a much better job than you..you want to be arrogant so can everyone else be.

heiska said exactly what he had to..your language is rubbish and immature to say the least..when people are actually involved in discussions be it offering help or reviewing you have issues and then you have issues when people say the truth. grow up kiddo.

/end rant and gtfo

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast