Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people go after l33t trackers?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I can only comment on my own experience and as a new bt user was swayed by the propaganda that certain , for lack of a better word, high level trackers were by definition....better.
    Obviously that to a large extent is not necessarily the case but it also doesn't mean that they are necessarily worse.A person fits in where ever they fit in both in terms of "community" and the content they are happy with so maybe FTN is "right " for some and goem is "right" for others.A fact that unfortunately only experience will reveal.
    Me I've learned that I only want to be places that are totally low-key and where people can have some fun without some metaphorical dagger always hanging over their heads.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-28-2010 at 11:24 AM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    [QUOTE=Disme;3502836]
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    The ones that keep chasing for l33tness are the retards imo.
    I don't believe that. I collect stamps for a hobby, and I want rare stamps for my collection yeah?
    does that make me a retard because I want the rare items of the items I collect.

now change the word stamps to trackers. For some it's a hobby, It was for me originally, now I've just let most of my accounts die, and keep the few that I use. **** the community on these trackers, here is where it's at, decent quality posts, with the odd troll thrown in for amusement, this is better than any l33t forum I've ever been a member of.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    QPD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    all real l33t trackers are deep underground...

funny thing though....i realized that on all l33t trackers i am at , i have the same collectors neighbors idling in IRC...
    Last edited by QPD; 08-28-2010 at 11:30 AM.
    Too often, we loose sight of life's simple pleasures.Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother!%$@%# upside the head!

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by QPD View Post
    all real l33t trackers are deep underground...

funny thing though....i realized that on all l33t trackers i am at , i have the same collectors neighbors idling in IRC...
    In case anything l33ter lurks out there.
    Seriously though all this discussion only applies to 0day/general trackers .People don't join niche trackers to be l33t.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-28-2010 at 11:44 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    When I first started torrenting, it was because of the hype of course. In a nutshell, it was essentially because of WTAW. When you're a newbie, and you end up in a place like this, you really don't know any better. You see a review for some 1337 tracker, let's say FSC, that's about 3 years old, doesn't have many pictures, and goes on and on about how the community is the best on the net, the forums are an utopia for discussion, etc. The reality upon joining is quite different, but by then it's too late.

As time went by (as has already been said), these invites are eventually just offered to you. When someone comes along and says "hey, want to join uk-t?" out of the blue, it's hard not to be curious about the site.

I could count on one hand the number of smaller trackers I've joined that have lived up to expectations in any meaningful way, and usually they're niche trackers, not these small 0-days with "legendary" communities. Smaller and more secretive just means fewer seeds, worse torrent retention, less content, dead forums populated only by spamthreads, IRC channels with about five people who ever talk, etc. Over time I've realized that it's all pretty useless, and all of these sites have the exact same core of members who you can interact with at any one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Why do people go after l33t trackers?
    Because they're l33t? Or so hyped that even if you keep on hearing they're just another 0-Day tracker with nothing out of the ordinary, you'll still want to get in until you see it with your own eyes, something one absolutely can't be blamed for.

Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    Par exemple: The only tracker I would care to join now is PTFiles (perhaps KG, too).
    I can easily help with KG if you're willing to be part of my invite tree.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    par exemple: The only trackers i would care to join now are the few that i don't already belong to).

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    One reason and only : e-penis . They feel a special if they are members on trackers with a very small userbase which are extremely hard to get in .

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme
    The ones that keep chasing for l33tness are the retards imo.
    i don't nor have i ever chased for invites/accounts to the obvious top-tier trackers/communities, but somehow i am or used to be a member of them, does that make me retarded?
    You might want to reread what I wrote ... I didn't say 'every' n00b, but 'a majority' ...

On the matter of your retardness ... wasn't it you who once said he was jealous of my FST-join-date
    Last edited by Disme; 08-28-2010 at 05:50 PM.
    Can you feel the LOVE

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I like the analogy that a tracker is a stamp in a collection

ps Tutela I fail to understand your twisted logic that making said comparison at all helps yer case
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 08-28-2010 at 06:14 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast