Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All my old sites gone, hoping for replacement

Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Hi all,

ScT was one of 3 sites I was involved with, and am now really feeling the loss. I was hoping to get back into torrenting and get involved in another site - I am a member of a couple of others but miss the large number of users of ScT, and the fact that I could share the account with my brother.

Can anyone recommend a site that'd be a good way to get back in to torrenting? I have been reading that SCC was a great alternative - I'd appreciate if anyone could offer an invite. I can prove that I am a good seeder with a screen of my router stats, link to current torrent profile (on the private tracker I still use). Or, a recommendation of another decent site. I'm not fussy, as long as the staff are friendly and the users, too. :-) I don't have trouble keeping a decent ratio as I'm always seeding 24/7.

Thanks regardess. :-)

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Might be worth posting this in the Invite Requests and Giveaways Section... you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting an invite to somewhere decent if you're just getting back into things

Edit: Here's a decent GA here you might wanna check out - https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/4...3-x-IPTORRENTS
    Last edited by Burnsy; 08-30-2010 at 10:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    SCC is the closest thing to ScT you'll find nowadays, but since you have to pay to get invites there, they may be somewhat difficult to find. However, people that had invites from before they switched to that system got to keep them, and What and Waffles have an unlimited offer in their Power User forums, also.

Personally, I'd be just fine with IPT, which has great content and speeds at the same time it's easy to get and keep a good ratio on.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    people that had invites from before they switched to that system got to keep them
    I didn't, my invite went AWOL, and a friends did too...
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    Oh.

Greedy bastards.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    SCC is the closest thing to ScT you'll find nowadays, but since you have to pay to get invites there, they may be somewhat difficult to find. However, people that had invites from before they switched to that system got to keep them, and What and Waffles have an unlimited offer in their Power User forums, also.

Personally, I'd be just fine with IPT, which has great content and speeds at the same time it's easy to get and keep a good ratio on.
    If you simply want content and aren't a slave to scene rules then IPT and TL are clearly better sites.
    I mean there's nothing wrong with the site ( if you don't mind self-imposed limited content) but why make anything potentially unnecessarily hard if you don't have to?
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    if you don't mind self-imposed limited content
    What limits have they imposed? I've never used them, never would, so just curious...

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    Scene only isn't it?

Honestly though i could be wrong as I don't really pay any attention to that kind of shit .I was surprised to learn that FTN was scene only.

I just naively thought the whole idea was to have the best content available.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-30-2010 at 01:51 PM.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    I mean there's nothing wrong with the site ( if you don't mind self-imposed limited content) but why make anything potentially unnecessarily hard if you don't have to?
    True. The two you mentioned basically offer more content than SCC, and speeds are also good, at least for a home connection. Unless you're all fuzzy about getting a release 5 minutes before it's available elsewhere or maxing out your seedbox speeds (which, unless you're auto-grabbing everything that hits the tracker just to buffer up, doesn't really matter, as you're limited to how much your "real" connection can give when leeching off your box), you shouldn't need/want the latter.

Scene only isn't it?
    Pretty much.
    Last edited by anon; 08-30-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    Read my edit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast