Thread: Article: Sony obtains Australia ban on PS3 hack chip

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    doesnt really matter is the ban succeeds or not. in this day and age if its out, its out. you cant unring that bell.

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    too true, itll end up on sites that cant be policed and itll just end up on market stalls or such

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    luisfigo7's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbintb View Post
    doesnt really matter is the ban succeeds or not. in this day and age if its out, its out. you cant unring that bell.

I canīt agree more!

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    Dear Sony,
    I have been waiting for a modchip to come out or the new Gran Turismo. To me its almost not with it anymore to just get the console for Gran Turismo. The possibility of homebrew and being able to back games up to a harddrive so I dont have to mess with disks was a little exciting. (ya i kno this version you have to have some original disk in to play but that doesnt mean later versions couldnt eliminated that.) The perfect PS3 for me would be one that had a huge internal hdd with all my games on it. Disks are on the way out and have been for a long time. I want tbs not blu-rays. How about a PS3 system that has multiple HDDs in raid so even if one fails no data is lost. You can still sell me the game online and D/L it or at the store on disk and I just come home and load it onto my machine and never have to mess with the disk again. Sony, you can choose fight and claw at this but it is a loosing battle for you. Every system can be hacked/modded/cracked and will be if your is a market/want for it to happen. So waste money beating a dead horse or adapt to the game and evolve your business model to take advantage of what people want to. If people want to be able to run unsigned code and have a homebrew game let them. Sony did something big of themselves and made it pretty easy to install linux on the PS3 but its just a novelty. Think future Sony, do you believe you won't get hacked? You might say it but do you believe it?

/rant

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    Monteiro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    By my veil not see this not worth unlocking.
    very costly and time to copy the game and very large and can still give error

7. vBCms Comments   -   #7
    kalel's Avatar Last Son Of Krypton
    anyone know if sony was able to stop them, today is the court date so I am wondering what happened as I am sure Millions of other people are as well.