Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Files on private tracker safer?

I was looking to download adobe CS5 is it likely that I would find the same torrent on a public tracker as i would on torrentleach or demonoid or some other private tracker?

Would it be a scene release or something better, would it be safe?

I ask because I'm not member on any private software tracker... Thanks!

Sorry can a mod move this to bittorrent i thought i was in that section!
    Last edited by obaletan; 08-31-2010 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by obaletan View Post
    Safe in terms of not having any malware on it? If so, the answer is yes.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Safe in terms of not having any malware on it? If so, the answer is yes.
    Yea in the terms of viruses and malware....

I should rephrase my original question as well....
    Are the software torrents available on private trackers, cracked better, or better releases or can you usually find the same stuff on btjunkie? This is obviously regarding large sought after releases... like CS5, Windows 7, etc.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I should rephrase my original question as well....
    Are the software torrents available on private trackers, cracked better, or better releases or can you usually find the same stuff on btjunkie?
    Assuming they haven't been altered by the uploader, Scene releases are the same on TPB or TL. And important ones will always make their way to public sites, it just may take them longer than a private site with a solid Scene connection.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Cool thats what I thought. Thanks!

Do private trackers sometimes have special (not scene) torrents? Like would a private tracker have something that couldn't be found on a public. once again this is about major software not specialty or little known...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Do private trackers sometimes have special (not scene) torrents? Like would a private tracker have something that couldn't be found on a public.
    Some private trackers have exclusive groups/releases on them, yes - but I'm not sure this applies to software, though. Even if an application isn't packaged and labeled as a Scene release, the bundled crack will come from that.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Just download it and scan with your AV, if you're not comfortabel the doon't downlaod at at all. It's as secure as any "safe" site you;'ll ever dl from/.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Speedo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I don't think it's safer and my believe is that anti-filesharing lawyer-investigators already is members of the most popular trackers. You should not care about filesharing. you should care about the laws preventing and protecting opponents of a free world. Or put it easliy. Know the laws of your land, you stupid dick.
    Last edited by Speedo; 09-04-2010 at 08:17 AM.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    talkboy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    On trackers where you have to register through invites etc i think yes it is safer. People are careful what they post and a lot of trusted posters inside these trackers.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    It's a little bit safer. Much more safer would be to get the files from a One-Klick-Hoster like Rapidshare since you don't do any upload and not everyone in the same cloud knows your IP.

The safest of course would be to get the software in ebay or just use CS4 which is new under €100.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast