Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IPT and Demonoid being "watched?"

Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    ^ Definitely.

If you're too paranoid about it then you should just move on to a different method of file sharing.
    Hey, what happened to your avatar?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    You'll probably be safe with Demonoid (at least their own torrents) or just use private trackers

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Downloader View Post
    You'll probably be safe with Demonoid (at least their own torrents)
    How would sticking to Demonoid-tracked torrents really improve your security?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDMP View Post
    Thanks for the input everyone, i was just curious if there were simple steps I could take that would keep myself relatively safer, I'm not too paranoid or losing any sleep about it.

Whatup Funkin' I think you're the one who originally hooked me up the IPT invite a couple years back, thanks again and good to see ya.
    Yep, that was me. No problem and good to see you too. I enjoy passing out invites to people that will actually use the site(as you obviously have).

And yeah, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it either. Like you said, you've been there over a couple years so far. And you if you haven't ran into any problems by now then I wouldn't worry about it by now. Yes, IPT is a huge site. And yes, there is no doubt in my mind that the site is being watched(probably like every other bittorrent site out there). But as for simple steps, I would just do what has been mentioned here quite a few times. Stay away from really hot brand new releases for a while, along with cam'd movies. I don't worry about it at all since I don't use the site for new material, just the older stuff that is hard to find.

But like I said, if it really starts to get to you, then definitely check out one-click hosters or Usenet. I'm in love with these methods of file sharing. They cost a few dollars a month, but I don't have to worry at all about what I'm grabbing or where I'm grabbing it from.

Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post

Hey, what happened to your avatar?
    Hmm...I wasn't aware that it was gone. I turned off viewing avatars and sigs in my profile to speedy up the site some(plus I really don't care about seeing people's avatars/sigs), maybe that had something to do with it?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Mr. Torrentstorm BT Rep: +3
    I think that Demonoid is the most risky one to use. I noticed that they have open registration constantly.

IPT is more safe. I use IPT rarely, but I like IPT. Torrentday is risky as well, since they have open registration constantly. By the way Torrentday is actually a nice tracker.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I got a cease-and-desist letter for using TL, so there ya go. I know it's common on the forums (and they deny everything ofc.) demonoid all the way baby!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutela View Post
    I got a cease-and-desist letter for using TL ... demonoid all the way baby!
    So you got a letter for downloading from TL, but not for doing the same on Demonoid?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    If IPT is mentally tainted then you should move on and try filelist.ro instead. You will feel at home rather quickly. Other alternatives are REVTT and TL of course but those are minor safety upgrades. Good luck.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    optimuscrime's Avatar Poster
    If you really want to feel safe I would look into a vps.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    if you really really want to feel safe, i would stop downloading illegally.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast