Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IPT and Demonoid being "watched?"

Someone (who may know about this kind of thing) told me to stay away from IPT and Demonoid. Problem is those are the only 2 trackers i use . Is there any truth to this and is it any cause for concern?

Thanks for the input.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Not heard a thing about it... maybe another member can shed some light on it?

I wouldn't worry too much unless you hear something concrete though, as there are loads of people on the net who 'claim to know things' no-one else seems to
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDMP View Post
    Is there any truth to this and is it any cause for concern?
    Both trackers have massive userbases. And the more users a tracker has, the higher the chance some of them are bad apples, i.e. working for anti-P2P companies and such.

Whether you should worry about this depends on where you live in - if that kind of agencies can't do you any harm in your country, then I guess it's OK. If that isn't the case, make sure you're using some sort of IP filtering, and consider switching to less-populated trackers.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    You can use the demonoid tracker without a membership, so of course some torrents will be watched

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post

If that isn't the case, make sure you're using some sort of IP filtering, and consider switching to less-populated trackers.
    Any recommendations on a tracker I could go after that would fit that bill and offer a similar selection as IPT? I don't even really know what's out there currently. Thanks for any info.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Any recommendations on a tracker I could go after that would fit that bill and offer a similar selection as IPT?
    So anti-P2P agencies actually mean trouble for you? Then SCC and Linkomanija are the only not-so-big ones that I'm a member of. Generally, I prefer large trackers, due to the fact seeding is quite easy on those. I'm pretty sure there are other similar sites whose names escape me.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    elbuitre's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Pretty much, a user on TPS confirmed getting a cease and desist letter from a media company from a torrent downloaded on IPT.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post

If that isn't the case, make sure you're using some sort of IP filtering, and consider switching to less-populated trackers.
    Any recommendations on a tracker I could go after that would fit that bill and offer a similar selection as IPT? I don't even really know what's out there currently. Thanks for any info.
    My recommendation would be to stop being so paranoid. IPtorrents and demonoid are the same as ever despite what your expert friend says.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by gamesover View Post
    My recommendation would be to stop being so paranoid. IPtorrents and demonoid are the same as ever despite what your expert friend says.
    ^ Definitely.

If you're too paranoid about it then you should just move on to a different method of file sharing.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Thanks for the input everyone, i was just curious if there were simple steps I could take that would keep myself relatively safer, I'm not too paranoid or losing any sleep about it.

Whatup Funkin' I think you're the one who originally hooked me up the IPT invite a couple years back, thanks again and good to see ya.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast