Thread: Best place to find college textbooks?

Anybody here know of a good place to find textbooks for college? It looks as though public trackers are the worst places to find college textbooks, as I am not able to find any. I would even get the older edition just to get by in class!

The books are for community college, which I suppose makes them harder to find.

I was looking for these books all over, using TPB, WBB, and more, and I am going to pull my hair out! I don't have the money for these expensive books but of course my instructor states "If you don't want to pass, don't get the books!"

Anyways, thanks for all of your help, and this forum looks like it will be a very useful resource, so I will definitely be back! Please PM me!
    Last edited by dontwalkhand; 09-01-2010 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Removed title of books, to follow rules

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Meh between my iptorrents and demonoid they have been fine so far. Becoming harder to find with more advanced classes. Trying to get a bitme.org invite..

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    i have been able to find most on rapidshare a.k.a ebook sites. torrents are kinda hard to find.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dontwalkhand View Post
    Anyways, thanks for all of your help, and this forum looks like it will be a very useful resource, so I will definitely be back! Please PM me!
    You can't use the PM system yet.

There are countless threads of this kind in the forums, and even a massive e-learning tracker list. If you search a bit, you may get extra information.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Definitely http://www.myescience.com/ if you can find an invite. That site is so invaluable for any academic.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by gamesover View Post
    Definitely http://www.myescience.com/ if you can find an invite. That site is so invaluable for any academic.
    I've never heard about this site before . Is it like bitme ?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    gigapedia should work for most of your needs I'd imagine.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabber View Post
    Nope it's not a tracker at all. They do have lots of DDL links and many passwords to University servers, medical websites, etc.
    Last edited by gamesover; 09-02-2010 at 10:02 PM.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabber View Post

Nope it's not a tracker at all. They do have lots of DDL links and many passwords to University servers, medical websites, etc.
    It seems an interesting site .

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Speedo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Ddl sites is brilliant to see whats out there even if you download with bittorrent. I sometime use ddl sites to keep track of new music that comes out.