Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show off your equipment

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Not that kind of "equipment", Cabalo. ...

So, what do you use to play your audio and/or video files on? Please post info/pics of anything you play media on- from an iPod to a dedicated theater with custom seating...

Here is my living room system:

Onkyo TX-NR807
    Philips LCD TV
    Sony PS3
    Asus O!Play Media Player
    Philips DVP5982
    Nintendo Wii
    2X Polk Monitor 60's (mains)
    4X Polk Monitor 30's (height and surround)
    Polk CS2 (center)
    Velodyne VRP-12
    Seagate FreeAgent 500GB for music storage
    PC connected to Asus via cable for content playback

Overall, I am quite happy with this system. Almost everything was purchased from Newegg, and they have great deals on the Polk speakers. Not meant to be high-end, I was surprised how good it all tied together.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. Music   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Are you sure about that?

3. Music   -   #3

*Edit* Well, maybe a couple pics wouldn't hurt...
    Last edited by megabyteme; 08-20-2010 at 07:33 PM.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Music   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    RecordPlayerCardboardBoxPencil.png

It may not look like much but it's really the speakers that make the system anyway.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Music   -   #5
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Man, I see purchased software on your pics. Please remove them, or else...
    Last edited by Cabalo; 08-20-2010 at 07:34 PM.

6. Music   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by idoleyes787 View Post

it may not look like much but it's really the speakers that make the system anyway.
    hahaha!

7. Music   -   #7
    The shame, the shame. :blush:

The only way I can feel any kind of dignity, is that I shoplifted the whole lot. But still, it's embarrassing, NTL...

8. Music   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post

So, what do you use to play your audio and/or video files on? Please post info/pics of anything you play media on- from an iPod to a dedicated theater with custom seating...

Here is my living room system:

Onkyo TX-NR807
    Philips LCD TV
    Sony PS3
    Asus O!Play Media Player
    Philips DVP5982
    Nintendo Wii
    2X Polk Monitor 60's (mains)
    4X Polk Monitor 30's (height and surround)
    Polk CS2 (center)
    Velodyne VRP-12
    Seagate FreeAgent 500GB for music storage
    PC connected to Asus via cable for content playback

Overall, I am quite happy with this system. Almost everything was purchased from Newegg, and they have great deals on the Polk speakers. Not meant to be high-end, I was surprised how good it all tied together.
    How do you like those Polks? I almost bought a pair for an office system... they seemed like such a good deal! In the end I just could't justify purchasing them I was replacing Logitech Z2300 speaker system. But I would've got to buy another reciver Love buying new gear.
    Last edited by obaletan; 08-20-2010 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Quote didn't show up right

9. Music   -   #9
    The Polks are a great deal. Newegg has an exclusive deal with them, and they sell tons of them. If you have patience, watch for the speakers you want to come on sale- don't buy them all at once, if you can wait. The prices fluctuate a lot. They are very well built, and even throw off a nice "image". A 12" sub is a plus, too.

I happened to catch this stuff just as the new models were coming out. My receiver and ALL the Polks came to about $1200. That's pretty close to the "list" price of the receiver alone. It does not feel like a "budget" system at all!

10. Music   -   #10
    I keep an eye out at slickdeals and they come up on there everynow and then... $1200 not bad for at all for a complete 7.1 setup. Especially with that receiver... Do you use any of the network features of it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast