Thread: Thinking about making....

.. a music filesharing forum, with links not going the torrent route.

So was wondering if some domains become available which some sites already have an up and running different .TLD and i buy it, is it a bad move?

Obviously mine wouldn't look or even have the same feel as the other .TLD's.

Would just like to see peoples opinions on this really.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    It's been done.... Don't bother unless you have anything unique to add to the already growing pile of crap in my bookmarks.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Speedo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by FuSoYa View Post
    .. a music filesharing forum, with links not going the torrent route.

So was wondering if some domains become available which some sites already have an up and running different .TLD and i buy it, is it a bad move?

Obviously mine wouldn't look or even have the same feel as the other .TLD's.

Would just like to see peoples opinions on this really.
    Wait a minute. You have that sort of money to spend? Do good! or be hated by humanity. Be good!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutela View Post
    It's been done.... Don't bother unless you have anything unique to add to the already growing pile of crap in my bookmarks.
    Exactly. When a great music sharing blog like wewantleaks can't survive, why do we need anymore music sites thinning out the pool. Unless wants to pay for the whole thing himself and keep it going the whole time out of his own pocket, then he's free to do what he wants. I hope he's not penciling in a lot of donations into his financial plan, like I said we've seen many established sites fail for lack of donations or interest.