Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops will have dedicated servers and new game modes

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24

Heart

Finally ,they have realized how much the PC gaming community values the ability to have customized servers.

Here's a quote from an article at ars technica:

Modern Warfare 2 was not especially loved in PC gaming circles because of the lack of dedicated servers, the inability to tweak the game's settings, and the absence of support for user-created content. It looks like Treyarch is swinging for the fences with the latest entry in the series, which will include all three, although not at launch.

"We plan to open the game up for modding sometime post-launch. We do not know yet to what extent you will be able to mod the game. There are some purely technical issues related to engine and internal tool enhancements that do not easily fit the modtools paradigm," a developer said on the game's official forum.

Right now? They're focusing on finishing the game. "And, dev console: confirmed," the post continues.

Studio head Mark Lamia talked up dedicated servers earlier in the year. "We do work very hard to reconcile the desire to manipulate and modify those dedicated servers with offering them the persistent experience and benefits that the console system provides," he told CVG. "We're working very hard to marry those two things, so people can run dedicated servers and also participate in the communal experience the console players get to have, given they're all on first-party servers."
    It's time to start saving 50€ for this one.

2. Games   -   #2
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Don't. Only one GSP, gameservers.com I think, will be allowed to host the private servers. At least according to what I heard from a very reliable source.
    Ellipses go here.

3. Games   -   #3
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Re-skinned cod4. I bet that the remote-control carbomb is gonna make people rage, kinda like those dogs in cod5.

4. Games   -   #4
    TraNNNce's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    has apeear ! black ops?

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    finnaly,no IWnet,
    but im pretty sure this game will also be unbalanced and going to make people rage.

6. Games   -   #6
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS
    Can't wait for Zombies

7. Games   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    "...given they're all on first-party servers."

That doesn't sound like the third-party servers we all love.

yo

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    omg the COD zombies will be crazy

9. Games   -   #9
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    "...given they're all on first-party servers."

That doesn't sound like the third-party servers we all love.
    During quite some time Battlefield 2 was running on 1st party servers. Meaning the developers only selected a few game providers to host their servers. That didn't stop Battlefield 2 achieving greatness.

10. Games   -   #10
    nye's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    What I really want to know is if/when users on different platforms will be able to play against/with each other (i.e. PS3, PC, Xbox).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast