Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: IMAGiNE

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    I duly apologize for going back on my word.
    This quote made my day...unreal...

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AbyBeats View Post
    Now I think Idoleyes and ringhunter are taking torrenting a little too seriously
    If the point I was getting at had anything in the least to do with "torrenting " then you might be right
    What is the big deal if someone joins a newly opened tracker which he finds interesting just because he said he had no interest in the then current trackers?If a new tracker pops up offering something different than the rest and if that interests you,joining it is going back on your word?
    Or is it something else that made you say this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoleyes
    Your previous assertions that you weren't "looking" for any more sites are sounding more than a little hollow now.
    You know I want to like you but sometimes you make it kinda hard.
    Last edited by A; 09-06-2010 at 08:01 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    ^^ I am not sure if he is telling us how he truly feels or he is covering it up so maybe it doesn't smell quite as bad.
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    First fuck off and second fuck off and third it was he who used the phrase " went back on his word " I didn't probably because he NEVER GAVE IT TO ME in the first place.
    Like the previously babble in this post the point the whole point,the entire point of the previous statement that you seem unhealthily fixated on is was that most of us in your little sunny bt world are incredibly full of shit.
    First,Truly pathetic display of crap.
    Second I was perfectly clear on what I was getting at and it seems you were so full of yourself to see that.You seem to think the world revolves around you,No it dosent.Just because you dont like something,you want others also to be like you or what.If people like to get movies from a specific releasing group,its none of your business.If people like to get the movie first and want to join trackers for fast pre times,again its none of your business.If people compare each frame of a movie side by side and then chose a particular movie from a particular encoding group,again its none of your business,Some like to download only flac and some like to only download 1080p HD only,yet again its none of your business.You dont like it,yea we get it,now shut it will ya?
    BT dosen't revolve around your "ideals".

Serious torrenter ?
    God help us.
    If you dont care about "torrenting" then why do you continuously keep on trolling those threads at the give away and trade section?

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    FFS a "direct way to thank the producers of the material" would be to you know......... buy it from the people who actually made it - ie the film companies
    Also "you become one of the first people to get it" - if that is of such overwhelming importance then again how about going to the movie theater or local DVD outlet and that way you not only are you "first in line" but are also supporting people who's livelihood ( unlike the seemingly praiseworthy release groups) actually depends on it.

Listen I have no problem with me being a wank or you being a wank but please can we at least stop the silly attempts in justifying our wankhood.

Btw you steal movies because it saves money or you get some vicarious thrill out of beating the system or you are simply a wank and the psuedo-l33tnesss makes you pathetically feel better about yourself .You do not steal movies because that is the only source ( not available legally then do without .I think you'll live ) or to "get them sooner"
    I didn't mean saying "Thank you", literally. That's as worthless as "+1" comments. I meant the other kind of thanks giving, the one that could help them produce more material that I enjoy consuming. Camming, whether you believe it or not, is an expensive business; as is source hunting from leakers. It gets to the point where the hardware/discs are actually "shared" instead of being bought in one go, contrary to popular belief, and I happen to know multiple people in the business. So when I say that I intend to thank them/support them, I also thought I really didn't need to spell this one out.

As for getting it first; yes, to me, it matters a lot. You and I have argued this point before, and I said pretimes do matter to a certain extent. I also explained that I used to be a source supplier for a gaming group in the past, and so I understand the thrill/rush of being "first"/knowing that it's not simply about credits, but it's about being the best etc. I'm sorry if it seems pointless to you, it feels a bit shallow to me, as well. However it is something I did and enjoyed for years and it's hard to get it out of my system. Being first means a lot to people, some more than others, but to me, especially with some content, it's not first by a few seconds or minutes; it's actually being first by days.

I don't get a thrill from the chase, nor do I trick myself into believing that watching a shitty quality cam on my computer makes me an 1337er than someone that enjoyed the span of the movie on a great screen for the price of a cup of coffee. I watch the movies that I wouldn't watch in theaters anyway, either due to my preferred company having watched it without me, therefore necessitating a private viewing by myself, or because I would favor watching other movies on the big screen, knowing I'd never get a chance for this movie/don't like the idea of it, but am still intrigued enough to see it. Basically: The only time I resort to cams/TS's are actually when I wouldn't make a box office count, either way.

Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    I duly apologize for going back on my word.
    This quote made my day...unreal...
    I duly apologize that not all of us are pricks that go back on our word on a daily basis, even if we are "on the internets". By the way, we haven't met before, and I would usually tell you to sod off, considering you're borderline baiting me into it; but you know, blue star woes.
    Ellipses go here.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    What the fuck has this thread turned into?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    A lame pissing match. Like the majority of the threads in this bt section...

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    It's rather fun watching this ...

@ Ringhunter: You claim not to be part of any trackers that have IMAGINE-releases, yet I know of 2 trackers that have their releases, and I know for a fact you are a member there too?
    Can you feel the LOVE

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    @ Ringhunter: You claim not to be part of any trackers that have IMAGINE-releases, yet I know of 2 trackers that have their releases, and I know for a fact you are a member there too?
    Right, you're referring to the ones that were started/staffed by the same people, I'm assuming. If so, then yes, but they are in no way offering a comprehensive set of releases. Most of the time they only house one or two of the releases, and those die or are trumped promptly when a different version/reason to delete them is given. The problem is, and I know this may sound weird, I actually prefer to have my options open, with all the "10-20 P2P releases" that everyone seems to hate on. Towards the end of the TSing/Camming phase of any movie's life, there's usually so many edits done to the movie, it's a borderline curves/contrast atrocity.

Moreover, when I say IMAGiNE it's just a generalization. There are other groups hopping on board, too, such as FLAWL3SS/Silentninja/TOXiC etc. And whether you choose to believe me or not, I do sometimes hunt down their releases specifically, considering they each tweak the settings to their liking, and I don't consistently prefer any particular group/person. When the two ratioless trackers came up with their "p2p or not" debates, I asked for both FLAWL3SS/IMAGiNE in both cases, because I do tend to jump camps more often than not.
    Ellipses go here.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35

I duly apologize that not all of us are pricks that go back on our word on a daily basis, even if we are "on the internets". By the way, we haven't met before, and I would usually tell you to sod off, considering you're borderline baiting me into it; but you know, blue star woes.
    Just saying, it's a free world and you have every right to join 1000 trackers or only 3 if you want. Don't apologize for things you absolutely don't have to.
    Last edited by KFlint; 09-07-2010 at 10:27 AM.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast