Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Bible

Poster
    Ive read the bible , i have to say that i dont believe in any religion , dont believe in jc or any of that crap about him sacrificing himself for our pardon , but i have faith and i have questions , i dont know were we all come from i dont know whats going to happen when everybodys gone , so i believe in the begining and the end , so theres gotta be someone out there , a creator , not jc or his mom or any virgen , those are fairy tales , but someone had to be there in the beginig and some one is going to be there at the end.

2. Lounge   -   #122
    Originally posted by Draconos@9 January 2004 - 01:43
    In Israel Jesus was worshipped alongside of Dionisus (Greek God) archiological evidence found coins with etching Jesus on one side and the God of Wine on the other.

Much of the "Good Book" is actualy plagerized from the Mythologies from around the world, mostly Babilonian(The Arc), Eagyptian ( Moses) and Greek (Take your pick there are so many, but Sodom and Gahmora is one of them ), some Celtic (David and Goliath)
    Draconos

I found you post fasinating is there a web site I can go to find out about the coin story?

I am not disputing u because u seem like u really know what u r talking about but I've got to ask have u ever heard of the Epic of Gilgamesh, I heard that this Greek story is the orginal Arc story (is it actually a Babalonian myth). Also I would like to find out more about the Egyptian tale that was the inspiration for Moses.

3. Lounge   -   #123
    Originally posted by THE DUDE@12 January 2004 - 22:26

I found you post fasinating is there a web site I can go to find out about the coin story?

I am not disputing u because u seem like u really know what u r talking about but I've got to ask have u ever heard of the Epic of Gilgamesh, I heard that this Greek story is the orginal Arc story (is it actually a Babalonian myth). Also I would like to find out more about the Egyptian tale that was the inspiration for Moses.
    The coin story I found last year while I war researching on Yule. I still have it in my old Mac cpu , but unfortunetly, it died and I have no idea how to retreave the files, but I will lokk to see if I cant find it again.

Gilgamesh, I'm a bit rusty on my Babilonian Myth, but he was the Babilonian Noah, the Greek Version in the story of he flood of Ducalion (I might have mispelled his name)

And I will look online about the Egyptian moses, I have it in a book here someplace, but I cant really stick a book in the hard drive of my CPU

There is one book that you may find interesting its called Parallel Myths by
    J. F. Bierlein , My wife bought it for me last year and its all about the myths/stories that are found all around the world that resemble them selve. For example, the story of the great Flood, appears in Greece, Babilon, aegypt, and as far west as the Amiracas, it a truely facinating read.

Anywho, I'll look for those stories for you tommorow, I have the day off.

D

4. Lounge   -   #124

5. Lounge   -   #125
    If u really wanna read a book then head the Holy Quran then u will realsie the truth

6. Lounge   -   #126
    Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by Illustrious@13 January 2004 - 19:46
    If u really wanna read a book then head the Holy Quran then u will realsie the truth
    what is the truth then?

i haven't read the bible but i plan on it one day. many of the fabels are commonly know like king soloman and adam and eve.

i have read a few buddhist and taoist texts plus parts of the quran.

most of all i trust my personal experiences because really that is all we have to go on.
    Wiz.

7. Lounge   -   #127
    ForbiddenDNA's Avatar Poster
    The bible is the word if God, and it is base on real stories. The bible will teaches everything you want to know or need to know. It is difficult to understand the bible. Read it and think hard, and ask God to speak through you while reading his word.

Q. Who wrote the bible? A. God

For those of you who have relationship problems or any other kind of issues, read the bible, it has all the answers.

Any questions?

8. Lounge   -   #128
    The Bilble is words of God written by men but the bibile was written after u say jesus died is that true.

i beilive its was they word of God but over time it has been chnaged to suit human need therefore its no longer the word of GOD

9. Lounge   -   #129
    The bible, Ive found, looking at it from a purely literary point of view, has some very beauitfully written passages and some passages (ie, the whole of Revelations) that read like the rantings of a lunatic.
    It makes me think that the bible is a collaboration effort (Yes, I know that John was supposed to have written one bit, and Mark another, but I meant within the chapters) and has been added to over the centuries. If you read it from beginning to end, you'll get it. It starts off horrific and disgusting, suddenly becomes very sweet and lovely when Jesus appears, then descends back into B grade horror as soon as he dies. It's a very frustrating book to read. Just because it seems so badly written.

Im an atheist, if you were wondering

10. Lounge   -   #130
    good book read it alot