Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The one and only iPad alternative ... and it's better!!!

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    It was Coke or Pepsi that had a short promotional run using REAL sugar. Of course it tasted awesome, but sugar is expensive. HFCS is cheap, and it's OK, but damn sugar cola was best.

We want bigger phones and smaller tablets

The Galaxy S is perfect in it's size for me. I've done so much shit, and I'm kind of upset I didn't adopt Android sooner. I was stuck on Symbian S60 v3 FP2 for the past 2 years! The only thing iOS has right now to its advantage (IMO) is hardware video acceleration, and Honeycomb will be addressing that, so there goes that advantage.
    To each their own, and all that. The Galaxy S and the other 7" tabs are too small. I already have a smartphone, and thus, already have a pocket sized computer; I've no need for another.

I'm gonna hold out on the tabs for at least another year and see what comes around.
    Last edited by Skiz; 02-01-2011 at 06:44 AM.

yo

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky
    The Galaxy S is perfect in it's size for me. I've done so much shit, and I'm kind of upset I didn't adopt Android sooner. I was stuck on Symbian S60 v3 FP2 for the past 2 years!
    To each their own, and all that. The Galaxy S and the other 7" tabs are too small. I already have a smartphone, and thus, already have a pocket sized computer; I've no need for another.

I'm gonna hold out on the tabs for at least another year and see what comes around.
    lol I was talking about my Galaxy S phone, if it exists as a tablet then it's news to me. The point I was making is my phone is big and functional enough where I'm not even thinking about a tablet. So we're pretty much in the agreement about that.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 02-01-2011 at 06:49 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post

lol I was talking about my Galaxy S phone, if it exists as a tablet then it's news to me. The point I was making is my phone is big and functional enough where I'm not even thinking about a tablet. So we're pretty much in the agreement about that.
    Oh.

I thought you were talking about this.

yo

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    What the, AT&T is running those tablets on Froyo, and I still haven't gotten my Froyo update! Damn you, you freaking joke of a company!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    I agree with you in some regards IdolEyes. I really hate mousepads on Laptops. I get very annoyed when the likes of Alienware advertise "Gaming" laptops without the traditional mouse.
    You attach a mouse to it.
    I'd be more annoyed if they released a gaming laptop with no touchpad on it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    looks cool...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Very helpful comment, thanks for playing. You really needed those 5 posts didn't you?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    OK besides separating you from some more of your money could someone tell me the actual point behind the iPad and it's various clones again?

Besides being "cool" of course.
    Can't say this for iPads really, but for android tablets: installing acv and reading comics, watching movies and stuff on a 7-10" screen while on the train/bus, bringing along for trips when you can't be bothered to bring a laptop, light surfing etc etc.

They do have their uses, which sometimes overlap with those of smartphones, but if they're cheap enough, they're worth it because the larger screen is nicer to look at (especially for comics).

So a cheap android tablet - do try one, at some point.

Fuck the ipads though. The pricing on those is just dumb, and you gotta jailbreak them or whatever or be stuck with whatever wholesome apps apple approves of.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-06-2011 at 11:03 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

yo

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    We'll see what happens on March 11 (US) .

Why hasn't the ram upgrade (or downgrade) been announced yet?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast