Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The one and only iPad alternative ... and it's better!!!

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    I hate apple, but I don't think this will stand a chance against ipad. Because of this ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y-buw6t7zw

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    pretty sexy, i wonder how their competitive pricing stacks up to apple ipads

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    YoYoY's Avatar Am Livin' It BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I like the chick !

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    looks awesome to me, however I am not sure, that the standards windows 7 version is much fun a touchscreen
    BitTorrent in 3 Pictures

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i still think that this tablet will be getting stuck all the time with this windows.
    i wonder how does the touch screen would work...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Yeah Windows tablet are destined to fail. The only real competitor to Apple will be Android. Hardware maker will be able to build everything we want (and the iPad doesn't have) while keeping an easy to use interface that was build for touch screens and thousands of apps to play with!

Now that I'm exited about:

http://www.electronista.com/articles...etailed.early/
    http://www.electronista.com/articles...for.september/

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I don't see how you're going to be restricted with the Windows OS?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I think the problem will be than even though Win7 has built-in touch screen capabilities, you will end up more often than not on applications that haven't been designed for touch screens so will probably be awkward to use. We will need "Windows Touch Screen" compatible apps but then with all the other platforms (iOS, Android, OVi, etc.) who will take time to build an Nth version of their app for a (possibly) really small market.

What a lot of hardware maker doesn't seem to understand is that not everybody can have their app store. We need competition but there's only so much programmers that can build app and they can't all code for all platforms. That's why I think Android is the only real contender that could take market shares away from Apple.

Only future will tell!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I think I have wasted my money by buying Apple's iPad. I had a lot of hopes when I purchased it but now I realize that I have made a big mistake. I have got a lot of problems with it especially with regard to file sharing and . I think TEGA v2 Touch Tablet is a wonderful machine. It has got a lot of features. The price is also okay from my point of view. I think it is best suited for a company executive like me who does a lot of travelling.
    Last edited by mkp; 09-20-2010 at 04:58 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast