Thread: Minor Fractures

I've started a new job, which mostly involves labouring. My hands have taken a severe battering, but i'm still going fine at the job.
    A couple of my fingers feel like they might be fractured, but I still have full use of them.
    I figured I should carry on working, and see if they improve or get worse. I've got ten of the fuckers after all.

Is that really silly, absolutely fine, or something else.

I didn't want to look like a pussy at work, so I posted it on the internets.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Are you a fluffer?
    In that case, i suggest your feet or lips instead.

If you are serious about them being fractured, i suggest going to a doctor.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    What's a fluffer

4. Lounge   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by stvnsmither View Post
    I've started a new job, which mostly involves labouring. My hands have taken a severe battering, but i'm still going fine at the job.
    A couple of my fingers feel like they might be fractured, but I still have full use of them.
    I figured I should carry on working, and see if they improve or get worse. I've got ten of the fuckers after all.

I've done it that way.

Get this-

The first time I ever broke a bone, I broke all my fingers (including thumbs}.

Casted first two months of my freshman year of high school, my buddy's foxy older sister (who is in all of my classes except one) volunteers to be my hands for school, and I still got to play football, except I had to go from QB to nose tackle.

I played with two plaster casts the whole season - the last half with fiberglass under the plaster.

God, that was fun.

Anyway, if you've sustained an un-displaced fracture or two, your pain threshold will tell you what to do - if you've done anything more serious, there are no questions for asking - go see the Dr.

If it's your pinky, cut it off and sew it up; pinkies are useless, and if you really fuck one up, they look creepy forever.

The love of a good woman will help.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles View Post
    What's a fluffer
    You're kidding.

Right?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Speedo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stvnsmither View Post

Man up and keep going, it goes over after a while. You should see my hands. They have been through loads of labor and guitar playing. . Finally I have a need for that icon.

Also if you feel some pain in your fingers, don't worry, it's usually the mucles growing or readjusting, and it goes away.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    I've done it that way.

Get this-

The first time I ever broke a bone, I broke all my fingers (including thumbs}.

Casted first two months of my freshman year of high school, my buddy's foxy older sister (who is in all of my classes except one) volunteers to be my hands for school, and I still got to play football, except I had to go from QB to nose tackle.

I played with two plaster casts the whole season - the last half with fiberglass under the plaster.

God, that was fun.

Anyway, if you've sustained an un-displaced fracture or two, your pain threshold will tell you what to do - if you've done anything more serious, there are no questions for asking - go see the Dr.

If it's your pinky, cut it off and sew it up; pinkies are useless, and if you really fuck one up, they look creepy forever.

The love of a good woman will help.
    Thanks for that. Reading made them feel better already. I think only one of them is fractured after-all. I'll sort it out on my day off in 2 weeks.

I'm not sure what labourer means in your country, 100%. It's about as far away from a fluffer as you can get.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    You didn't mention if your hand has been injured. If your hand/hands hasn't been injured then I highly doubt it there is a fracture. Most likely it is a pulled ligament or muscle from lifting heavy objects. Try soaking it for a a few minutes in lukewarm water that will help relax the muscle in your hands and if you can afford to rest your hands for a day or so, that will be even better.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 09-17-2010 at 01:28 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyBee168 View Post
    You didn't mention if your hand has been injured. If your hand/hands hasn't been injured then I highly doubt it there is a fracture. Most likely it is a pulled ligament or muscle from lifting heavy objects. Try soaking it for a a few minutes in lukewarm water that will help relax the muscle in your hands and if you can afford to rest your hands for a day or so, that will be even better.
    ''A severe battering'' means injured a lot. The one finger has got worse, but the others are fine.

Found my password. Cawks.
    Now go away.