Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: CN Fact and Fiction

bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Obviously such a post is an open invitation for bashing, flaming, and other such FST shenanigans. Hopefully, some will get something out of it besides that.

I have heard alot of mumbo jumbo of how demandingly active you must be to be a member of CN. False. Yes, there are lots of features (that no other site has, btw) but none of them need be ever used. This site can be used as simply as any other site with the same basic rules...You are expected to seed and leech. If you don't do these 2 simple things then you will get disabled. If you are one to "care" about promotions in class, then yes, more is expected of you. That should be expected though. Unlike other sites, being an all-around user is rewarded as opposed to being a simple ratio whore.

Movie tracker only. Movies and just movies.

There have been 81 active users in the last 30 minutes.

There are over 10,000 alive (seeded) torrents.

Online Since: 2008-08-22

There are a little over 2,000 users.

There are 110 people on the main irc channel.

Anyone can upload.

A complete monthly cost report is available to all in regards to exactly where all funds go.

To join irc you need SSL, btw.

BD/BR: about 1000 torrents
    HD: about 2000 torrents
    x264/SD: about 1000 torrents
    XviD: about 8500 torrents
    DVD-R: around 400 torrents

We have about 50 packs but we chose not to allow anymore over a year ago now. 46 of the 50 are alive with seeders.

On a side note...

Nobody is perfect. Neither are I and the rest of the staff. BUT I believe most of us are easily approachable. Many have PMed me here in regards to being disabled for any number of reasons. All have been enabled except one, I believe. Besides that, most of the staff members don't post here. So, it is unfair to judge them by my or others actions here. Nuff said.

Let the shit-blizzard begin...

Edit: Changes made and things in the works...

We don't allow RARed files anymore. And very soon we will be implementing new rules in regards to duplicate size movie torrents and not allowing them unless trumped. All are in agreements that the number of releases by so many groups are getting out of hand and redundant. As mentioned before we are working on a new category system as well.
    Last edited by bumrocks; 09-11-2010 at 12:06 AM.
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I think I've already let you guys know my views in your own forum, which are really where they belong (assuming you're actually a member).

Anyway I think this thread is a good step forward, the biggest problem at this moment is still trying to pretend to be secret/private. The more open you are, the less traders/sellers/retards you have to deal with.

I've never had a request go unfilled there, that's certainly worth mentioning
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by bumrocks View Post

Let the shit-blizzard begin...
    Haha you might be the only staff member I don't loathe on that site. How many peers ya guys got? Sounds like you're Goem but with a shitload more bells and whistles, and probably alot less peers. Get a ton of new members that aren't private-invite-forum mongs, sack the cunts on your staff team (ie everyone but Ein and you, and you're debatable), and you might become the most practical movie tracker as well.

/constructive criticism

ps: nice damage control ya fucking prick. iKiller getting u to do the dirty work as usual
    Last edited by TrueSounds; 07-10-2010 at 06:06 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Questions- How does CN compare to PTP in terms of content?
    Would a guy who's a member of Goem,PTP and Demonoid benefit from being at CN?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    X-Files's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Questions- 1) How does CN compare to PTP in terms of content?
    2) Would a guy who's a member of Goem,PTP and Demonoid benefit from being at CN?
    1) PTP is better, well-seed, every encode properly organise
    2) no. unless you like to be secret (in-fact everyone know )

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Files View Post
    2) Would a guy who's a member of Goem,PTP and Demonoid benefit from being at CN?

Haha,thx!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    sack the cunts on your staff team
    Although I do agree with you, I would have put it a little differently. Like...if some personnel changes were to be made, not only would the tracker be top notch(which I always thought it was when I was a member), but the site as a whole would be top notch also.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Files View Post

1) I am not a member of PTP and I am not a pedo. We are currently in the process of organizing our categories though.

2) The uber secret shit is getting old like Idoleyes. Obviously a thread like this is meant to dis-spell that.

ps: nice damage control ya cool motha fucka. iKiller getting u to do the dirty work as usual. Prob not since you are such a badass. Damn bum, I really like you.
    This was my idea and my writing. Did I tell other staff members what I was going to do? Yes and the higher ups like iKiller OK'd it.
    Last edited by bumrocks; 07-10-2010 at 06:43 PM.
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    sack the cunts on your staff team
    Although I do agree with you, I would have put it a little differently
    Politics smolitics. If U believe your constructiveness in your wording will get u a result, well you have more faith in idiots than is probably good for U.

Quote Originally Posted by bumrocks View Post

ps: nice damage control ya cool motha fucka. iKiller getting u to do the dirty work as usual. Prob not since you are such a badass. Damn bum, I really like you.
    This was my idea and my writing. Did I tell other staff members what I was going to do? Yes and the higher ups like iKiller OK'd it.
    yeah yeah we all know you're well read enough to come out with coherent paragraphs. Would like to see iKiller's attempt at PR, that'd be a sure-fire riot
    Last edited by TrueSounds; 07-10-2010 at 06:42 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    I think I've already let you guys know my views in your own forum, which are really where they belong (assuming you're actually a member).

Anyway I think this thread is a good step forward, the biggest problem at this moment is still trying to pretend to be secret/private. The more open you are, the less traders/sellers/retards you have to deal with.

I've never had a request go unfilled there, that's certainly worth mentioning
    I just kicked you from channel...So you would know it was me. If this is really you that is.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast