Thread: why can't the main page look more like this one?

I tried changing to all the different visual styles on the main page and I don't like any of them. I like this page though, thats mainly white (vb4default but not the main page). Why can't the main page be mainly white? All that color just turns me off, alternating shades of black or blue doesn't do anything for me. Heck one of them actually has a shade of dark blue with grey lettering thats invisible unless you highlight it (FST), what were they thinking? Braille?
    Last edited by Appzalien; 09-10-2010 at 01:49 AM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Which main page are we talking about? Where do you see dark blue with grey text? I usually catch those things and I have not seen it...

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Heres a screen shot of the main page before I even log in, its the FST default skin, You don't see this?

http://i51.tinypic.com/2hrmsew.jpg

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    It doesn't remotely look like that here. By the way, the blue part of the house icon to the left of "Forum" should be transparent...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Which browser have you been using to access FST ?
    Have you tried opening the site on a different one?

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    That screen was taken from Maxthon browser that uses the IE engine with its own tweaks added on. Although I opened the forum with Opera and its different as well as Firefox (I prefer Maxthon myself) but I opened the forum on another PC with a different build of Maxthon (116 vs 118) and it looks ok. But I have recently installed this OS fresh and have not installed any IE updates so I'm still using IE v6, that could have something to do with it, the other PC has IE8 on it (I hate IE7 and 8 and if they don't wise up IE9 too).

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I think some of the vB4 scripts aren't entirely compatible with versions prior to IE7.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 09-23-2010 at 02:43 PM.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    You mean versions prior to IE7 not prior versions of IE7 right? And I don't have an issue as much with vb4 as much as the default FTS which shows up eveytime I come back and I have to change it again. If I have to keep a cookie for eternity to get it to stay on vb4 I wouldn't do it anyway. I also hate cookies and delete them imediately.
    I didn't have ANY issues with the site until you guys started screwing around with it. Why can't people just leave things alone, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Your as bad as MS with Vista and 7, change for change sake. I like things that remain constant, Oh you can add things that can be implemented but don't force anything on me. Thats why I hate Vista and Win7 so much, what a bunch of crapola, now I can't find anything and they stripped away all the user friendly aspects that XP had.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 09-23-2010 at 02:07 PM.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Yeh w/e nvm.
    Last edited by heiska; 09-23-2010 at 09:55 PM.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    You mean versions prior to IE7 not prior versions of IE7 right? And I don't have an issue as much with vb4 as much as the default FTS which shows up eveytime I come back and I have to change it again. If I have to keep a cookie for eternity to get it to stay on vb4 I wouldn't do it anyway. I also hate cookies and delete them imediately.
    I didn't have ANY issues with the site until you guys started screwing around with it. Why can't people just leave things alone, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Your as bad as MS with Vista and 7, change for change sake. I like things that remain constant, Oh you can add things that can be implemented but don't force anything on me. Thats why I hate Vista and Win7 so much, what a bunch of crapola, now I can't find anything and they stripped away all the user friendly aspects that XP had.
    Things change, learn to accept it. It's all for the better.
    I can't help you here. I don't support IE6 because less than 1% of our users use that browser. It would be a waste of time.