Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: what are these sites?

  1. #1
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    4,961
    http://wherefore.me/

    wtf is this?

    also, what does T*S stand for/ give me some screens of it

    Quote Originally Posted by random old post
    T*S - What do we have to offer?

    *A Strong Community - this is the only reason we opened again, for our Members.
    *Uploaders committed to filling requests - we have a request feature, use it! We have experienced Uploaders with extensive libraries and also work to get you the latest torrents out there.
    *IRC - our own IRC network - active all hours of the day. We hold contests over the Radio for Gig credits and fun, a place to generally chit chat and have a good time. We have a Help Channel, Announce Channel, our General Channel, and more to come!
    *Radio - a Great group of experienced Radio DJ's taking requests, playing great tunes, and also announcing Site Contests/Features/and News.
    *Staff - a flexible and experienced group of Staff Members open to suggestions.
    *Forums - a Very active Forums - with some hidden gems to look for!
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 09-13-2010 at 04:42 AM.

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,942
    The first one is a music site. I don't think they've gone public yet so that's all I'll really say on that matter.

    As for the second one: TDS maybe? (The Dark Syndicate). Or maybe TCS? (The Candy Store).

    Anyway... who gives a shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Champo101's Avatar Im That Guy You Like BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Garbage Can behind Subway
    Age
    21
    Posts
    413
    What.cd wannabe In all fairness, I never heard of any of them. That one could even be something coming from What for all I know lol. The Dark Syndicate goes by TDS so I don't think much of a chance for that. If I find out, (Before anyone else posts it, that is) I'll post back. But bottom line: I don't care either lol

  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    734
    Just goes to show they just have to make their tracker highly secretive and people will want to know about them.

  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Just curious, how did you find out about wherefore in the first place?

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    4,961
    Someone was handing out invites at whatcd for the wherefore.me site, same with the other one.

    It's not that I want to be a member, but the value of screenshots is that you can see the hype without bothering with the bs of actually joining (I have no plans to sign up to anymore private trackers). Also, it pisses off staffers for some reason, which is worth a laugh or two in my books. If its the dark syndicate or whatever, then I don't really want them tho. The dude was really hyping it up as the next l33t thing, I was hoping for something ultra-fancy that is also ultra-lame.
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 09-13-2010 at 12:14 PM.

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    29,675
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    wtf is this?

    Quote Originally Posted by random old post
    T*S
    *A Strong Community - this is the only reason we opened again, for our Members.
    *Uploaders committed to filling requests - we have a request feature, use it! We have experienced Uploaders with extensive libraries and also work to get you the latest torrents out there.
    *IRC - our own IRC network - active all hours of the day. We hold contests over the Radio for Gig credits and fun, a place to generally chit chat and have a good time. We have a Help Channel, Announce Channel, our General Channel, and more to come!
    *Radio - a Great group of experienced Radio DJ's taking requests, playing great tunes, and also announcing Site Contests/Features/and News.
    *Staff - a flexible and experienced group of Staff Members open to suggestions.
    *Forums - a Very active Forums - with some hidden gems to look for!
    Stupid?
    A bunch of teens catering to the tastes of tweens?
    The next site Ringhunter will join?

    Btw when I hear "community " anymore ,seeing as how most of the self-proclaimed "communities" operate with the same small group of internet literate but life illiterate,status-seeking wannabees spouting little more than such profundities as " I heart tracker X " and "thanks" on each one ,I turn and run the other way as fast as I can.

    Communities are something that organically "happen" as opposed to something that can be artificially created.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 09-13-2010 at 12:12 PM.
    It's all Meg's fault.

  8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    4,961
    I read into it in more detail in the whatcd l33t forums

    wherefore.me sounds like it could be the next E**** in 3 years, but I guess it is still has to fight the overwhelming odds that it will fail miserably. or actually it sounds more like another CE


    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Communities are something that organically "happen" as opposed to something that can be artificially created.
    QFT
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 09-13-2010 at 12:26 PM.

  9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    I read into it in more detail in the whatcd l33t forums

    wherefore.me sounds like it could be the next E**** in 3 years, but I guess it is still has to fight the overwhelming odds that it will fail miserably. or actually it sounds more like another CE


    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Communities are something that organically "happen" as opposed to something that can be artificially created.
    QFT
    So basically a FLAC gazelle based tracker? Could be interesting, and there certainly seems to be room with there only being two outstanding trackers catering specifically to that subgenre/ niche.

  10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,305
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    A bunch of teens catering to the tastes of tweens?
    The next site Ringhunter will join?
    Hey at least you realize there's a dichotomy between myself and ~99% of everyone else.
    Ellipses go here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •