Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else a member of DOP?

Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Realistically speaking, how much encoding do you think you'll be doing? Do you have any samples of your work that people can take a look at?
    Ellipses go here.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    Realistically speaking, how much encoding do you think you'll be doing? Do you have any samples of your work that people can take a look at?
    I'll always be encoding, but how much is really a question of good source vs. available release encoding quality if you know what I mean. I do have stuff out there, I'll send a PM your way, and you can take a look at it if you're curious.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    You should see the anti-america/theology debates. Dime a dozen, each one goes on for dozens of pages and is usually a collection of the most eloquent ways one can say "fuck the other guy".
    Easy targets, both figuratively and literally . True wit finds ways to transcend the obvious.

Btw considering their present policies about wanting to keep the nest of traders/sellers safely tucked away in their site , "you should see" is an unfortunate choice of words.

Also I meant contemptuous in the purest sense of the word since some people aligned with said tracker that I have had the misfortune to come into contact with show varying degrees of contempt towards "lesser" formats as well as the people who (still) appreciate them.
    But that's stating the obvious isn't it?

I'm only mentioning this (again) because there is an elemental difference between appreciating something and denouncing everything else.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 09-15-2010 at 12:42 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    minevoid

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    some people aligned with said tracker that I have had the misfortune to come into contact with show varying degrees of contempt towards "lesser" formats as well as the people who (still) appreciate them.
    I have on one or two occasions removed certain people from my life based on the fact that they only download xvids. I had other suspicions about said people, but that final note sealed it. It's not exactly the same thing you're talking about, but rather the irritation I feel around people that refuse to learn about something new. I don't have contempt for people that have a knowledgeable appreciation for xvid, but quite frankly most people couldn't tell you exactly what it is, yet it's still the most prevalent format out there... and that is something I can contemptify. Things seem to have moved forward in the anime community though.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 09-16-2010 at 04:47 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I have on one or two occasions removed certain people from my life based on the fact that they only download xvids.
    Gratz mister ... this is by far the most anal statement I've read here at FST in quite a while
    Can you feel the LOVE

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    I'm an ANALytical chemist, go figure

To put it into perspective, I've removed lots of people from my life, I'm rather intolerant of those who are satisfied with only knowing what they already believe they know. In many cases it was on religious fanaticism from my past, or political fanaticism from my recent past, but there's been a few on technological grounds. I don't even talk to my brother over a computer issue, but there's a lot more baggage in that. Basically I'm oversimplifying the statement, but why should I delve any further than that on a filesharing forum?
    Last edited by mjmacky; 09-16-2010 at 08:37 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Also I meant contemptuous in the purest sense of the word since some people aligned with said tracker that I have had the misfortune to come into contact with show varying degrees of contempt towards "lesser" formats as well as the people who (still) appreciate them.
    But that's stating the obvious isn't it?

I'm only mentioning this (again) because there is an elemental difference between appreciating something and denouncing everything else.
    Doesn't that one chalk up to the human spirit, though? Owning a color TV and denouncing black and white. Owning an FM tuner and denouncing AM. Owning FLAC rips and denouncing 320kbps mp3's. I honestly think this one falls into the "If you have the best possible of something, and are content, you usually make fun of everything else" range. I won't even attempt at hiding the fact that I laugh at people still using a 3.1 speaker setup. I usually even offer to improve their system just because of the fact that I don't want them stuck in the stone age.

It's classic improvement vs. retrospection.

Also, while a majority of the members do enjoy a very specific kind of releases, that may seem unreasonable to you since you're of the stance that the quality of the movie lies in the movie, I know quite a few that still enjoy "normal" releases by IMAGiNE, FLAWL3SS etc. It's a small minority, though.

I'm an ANALytical chemist, go figure
    I still want you to make those buffers for me. :love:
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 09-16-2010 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ellipses go here.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    some people aligned with said tracker that I have had the misfortune to come into contact with show varying degrees of contempt towards "lesser" formats as well as the people who (still) appreciate them.
    I have on one or two occasions removed certain people from my life based on the fact that they only download xvids. I had other suspicions about said people, but that final note sealed it. It's not exactly the same thing you're talking about, but rather the irritation I feel around people that refuse to learn about something new. I don't have contempt for people that have a knowledgeable appreciation for xvid, but quite frankly most people couldn't tell you exactly what it is, yet it's still the most prevalent format out there... and that is something I can contemptify. Things seem to have moved forward in the anime community though.
    You seem to confuse the concepts of not knowing enough to care and not caring enough to know.

Does viewing in non-HD detract from the enjoyment of a movie ? No more than watching in B&W does .
    Film is an art form not an exercise in technology, therefore good movies will remain that regardless of the format ( as so bad ones will remain bad) a concept often totally lost on certain HD proponents who in their quest to always be on the cutting edge only speak about the whether something is clear enough.
    Technology is transient,art on the other hand is timeless.Therefore you are an idiot.

As to your infantile final judgments on things and people .
    During his tenure as a professor, Albert Einstein was visited by a student. "The questions on this year's exam are the same as last year's!" the young man exclaimed.
    "Yes," Einstein answered, "but this year all the answers are different."
    Doesn't that one chalk up to the human spirit, though? Owning a color TV and denouncing black and white. Owning an FM tuner and denouncing AM. Owning FLAC rips and denouncing 320kbps mp3's. I honestly think this one falls into the "If you have the best possible of something, and are content, you usually make fun of everything else" range. I won't even attempt at hiding the fact that I laugh at people still using a 3.1 speaker setup. I usually even offer to improve their system just because of the fact that I don't want them stuck in the stone age.

It's classic improvement vs. retrospection.

Also, while a majority of the members do enjoy a very specific kind of releases, that may seem unreasonable to you since you're of the stance that the quality of the movie lies in the movie, I know quite a few that still enjoy "normal" releases by IMAGiNE, FLAWL3SS etc. It's a small minority, though.
    Another sad attempt by people who really don't care but only pretend to in an effort to be more excepted by a bunch of wanks that if you met them in real life and if you had any sense at all you would turn and run the other way.

As for your efforts to stay "out of the stone-age" ; newer doesn't always necessarily always equate to better . Sometimes quite the opposite and what you are confusing with "human spirit" is nothing more than what is termed "our consumer society " and if your life decisions what to be based totally on something that an Ad agency somewhere tells you to do and you deludedly then think are your own thoughts then go for it I say.

Of course you probably talk into a cell-phone all day to stay "connected " to people as nothing but people pass you by so .....

And that post is probably long enough to officially kill this thread.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 09-16-2010 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    But then, Idol, wouldn't you say that people who enjoy HD content pay the respect due to the art/work put forth by the producer, so as to see it as/is intended? No one can deny that from the first CAM source out, to the final BD source there is a huge quality/audio/experiential difference, and surely enough it's a fair point to say people want to appreciate the movie as the director wanted it to be viewed.

Good art is only good because of the amount of introspection it sparks, the amount of empathy one feels when experience it; because it touches the senses in ways other art/fantasies cannot. However, you still wouldn't buy a Monet if it were made out of cheetos, no matter how much of a perfect replica it is. You aren't paying the due respect to the artistic integrity of the work.
    Ellipses go here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast