Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody else a member of DOP?

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    The depths of perversion site has been down for over a week, 2nd time recently. It was a small cool community, I loved it there. But since it's gone down twice recently, I feel like it's lost a lot of steam. Is anyone @ fst also a member there? If so, come say hello and let the comforting begin (me... comfort me)

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Is anyone @ fst also a member there? If so, come say hello and let the comforting begin (me... comfort me)
    I know superjojo and ringhunter are members there, if that's what you're wondering.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    What I was trying to do is create a thread outside of the site for times like these when it goes down, because it feels so lonely... was hoping for my woodwork exiting. Ever since I started getting all my stuff from usenet, torrents have been, well a moot point. DOP however made it worthwhile. I wouldn't have even started watching This Is Not My Life, which is now one of my favorite shows!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    According to a thread on HDB, it's down and probably won't be back up. There's the usual jokes flying around about how CP is the reason it got taken down, so I don't have a real reason for you. However, I'd advise you to rely on usenet, for now.

Off-topic: I remember you from on there. You were always a level-headed/nice guy. If you need help/tips with anything, don't hesitate to shoot a pm my way.
    Ellipses go here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Oh that's just the saddest news possible, I think I feel a sudden void inside. You know, if it was going down like this, Captain Planet should have made some sort of appearance, but alas he was not to be seen. It also seemed to me like it won't be coming back, when I try the url, I get an OpenDNS search page instead of the other error page.

Yeah usenet is my goto service, but I really like to contribute and have an HD obsessed community at my fingertips. Well I'd like to find another place to go. If I remember, HDB is a 'do not try to get in here' site, so I don't know if you'd be able to recommend another DOP-like community.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Well, if you're looking for a tracker constituting both quality content and an incredibly satirical community (especially on controversial topics) then I think the only place that is similar is the "do not try to get in here" site that you know of.

If you're looking for the quality material, CHDBits and HDChina are both great resources. I'd personally pick the former, simply because of their great encodes. Don't bother with other HD sites; I've given all their groups a try, and it's sad to say but they are pathetic. Unfortunately, both the aforementioned trackers are non-English.

If anyone wants to chime in with their opinion, you're welcome to do so. I'm not a member of many HD trackers (one at the moment) so I have no idea what's considered a "good" place (I've heard multiple name-drops for HD-Torrents and AwesomeHD) and what's not. I just know what's quality and what's not.
    Ellipses go here.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    Well, if you're looking for a tracker constituting both quality content and an incredibly satirical community (especially on controversial topics) then I think the only place that is similar is the "do not try to get in here" site that you know of.
    By satirical did you mean full of contempt ?
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post

If you're looking for the quality material, CHDBits and HDChina are both great resources. I'd personally pick the former, simply because of their great encodes. Don't bother with other HD sites; I've given all their groups a try, and it's sad to say but they are pathetic. Unfortunately, both the aforementioned trackers are non-English.

If anyone wants to chime in with their opinion, you're welcome to do so. I'm not a member of many HD trackers (one at the moment) so I have no idea what's considered a "good" place (I've heard multiple name-drops for HD-Torrents and AwesomeHD) and what's not. I just know what's quality and what's not.
    What about bit-hdtv, hdcorea, or scenehd? chdbits is my second favorite tracker after hdbits, the language barrier doesn't matter much to me.
    Last edited by gamesover; 09-15-2010 at 02:02 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    By satirical did you mean full of contempt ?
    You should see the anti-america/theology debates. Dime a dozen, each one goes on for dozens of pages and is usually a collection of the most eloquent ways one can say "fuck the other guy".

Quote Originally Posted by gamesover View Post
    What about bit-hdtv, hdcorea, or scenehd? chdbits is my second favorite tracker after hdbits, the language barrier doesn't matter much to me.
    I was a member at bit-hdtv before the whole password database getting leaked fiasco. From what I hear about it nowadays it lost encoders/staff/members etc. and isn't doing too well. I'm sure members know way more than I, but I'd be warded off given their track record. HDCorea is one of those easy-to-join websites, that also shares/races a lot of content from other places. They host open sign-ups every March, I think, so if you're looking for an "in" you just have to be patient. I've heard it's a fantastic place to join for content etc.

SceneHD is... well, self-explanatory. I don't sign-up to P2P trackers that make a stand against scene standards just so I can turn around and conform to the exact same releases on two different protocols.
    Ellipses go here.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    So by language barrier, are we saying they don't have active English-based discussions @ CHDBits and HDChina? I don't know if it's enough of a reason to brush up my Chinese beyond "Nǐ hǎo ma" (你好吗) and "cào nǐ mā" (肏你妈), man it gets awkward when I confuse those two phrases. I would love to hear people chime in about different HD communities. I'm too ADD to think of joining more than one site. I also have to think about which sites I can realistically get into, I'm sure I'd be a great new member but usenet is the only thing that can vouch for me at the moment. I'm also looking to learn more tricks of the trade about encoding, I actually started posting here on FST when DOP went down, just bunking until I can find a new place to stay (but I'll still visit sometimes)

Thanks for the insight on content quality at each of those sites, which is by and far the most important. I'm just trying to tune my choice to what the people are like there, since I can still get a plethora of stuff off usenet, I love grabbing some of those caps to do my own encodes.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 09-15-2010 at 03:16 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast