Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Literary Poseur?

Originally posted by MagicNakor@5 November 2003 - 00:36
    I don't. It's pretty pathetic.
    *Nods head

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    To be honest I find a lot of the "classics" hard to read and rarely read any for pleasure. However I'm currently doing an Access Course which involves English and I've found that when I HAVE to read a "classic" book I really do enjoy it.

This is partly because when you really take your time with a good book and try to find what the author was trying to do (or what you think he was trying to do) then you can really enjoy the book on a completely different level.

I'm pretty sure that if Paradise Lost was on my syllabus then I'd probably get a lot more from it than I do now...

3. Lounge   -   #13
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@5 November 2003 - 15:11
    if you're lugging Don Quixote around, people oughta be at least impressed with your weightlifting abilities. i actually have read it, but even as a person who enjoys reading i'd say it wasn't really worth my time
    Not really that bad is it, I was checking my Literature schedule tonight, and noticed that after I finish Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, the one I'm currently reading, I have to move on to Don Quixote.

When your forced to read them, it makes it worse, I'll know I have to read certain books, and when I start, it will be ok, but once they start boring me, I drift, I'll still be reading but my mind is somewhere else, next thing I know, I've read 20 pages and have no idea what I just read
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12