Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Peerportal is Closed

Champo101's Avatar Im That Guy You Like BT Rep: +1
    IRC. It was a topic of discussion for a while in there. I have some logs (if I can find them) I could PM you if you are that interested.

EDIT: Woops. About a year of the Database was deleted. i neglected to mention :S Ugh I should go to sleep.

EDIT2: OOPS. Christ. How much did I say was deleted before? ffs. Good night.
    Last edited by Champo101; 09-16-2010 at 06:41 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Glen@DB's Avatar deamonbytes owner
    thanks for the response guys
    i recognize all your names tbh. so just sit tight and post some threads on here so you can be contacted.
    just a few mores days and we will be ready.

re: the database chamo101 is correct and he knows because i am open and honest with members in irc.

to add insult to injury superman is withholding the user database so i cant reinstate all your stats, so any loss of ratio is because of that...
    Last edited by Glen@DB; 09-16-2010 at 01:19 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    pirate_monkey
    hey glen. shame about pp. i added you on here, so hopefully by the weekend everything is upand running again!! goodluck mate

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    k99w
    Glen,
    I was a member of PP for about 2 years and would like to be notified when you have the new place up and running! So sad to see PP go but very happy that you are going to start up! I added you so i hope to be informed when you are up and running. You are very much appreciated and look forward to the new place!

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    cashanova5
    hey Glen, too bad about PP, really enjoyed the site. hope the new site gets sorted out soon. looking forward to hearing from you when its up and goin. good luck!

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen@pp View Post
    i recognize all your names tbh. so just sit tight and post some threads on here so you can be contacted.

re: the database chamo101 is correct and he knows because i am open and honest with members in irc.

to add insult to injury superman is withholding the user database so i cant reinstate all your stats, so any loss of ratio is because of that...
    Typical just as I went over the 1TB mark too >_<

Has Superman told you he will not hand over the database or is he just not replying? I appreciate you trying to sort a new site out Glen
    It's a shame a lot of people probably don't know what's going on unless they found this forum

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    whisp
    Ok , first of all i'm sad to see pp going down !!!

But then again i'm glad to hear some of the staffmembers are willing to make the extra effort to get things going again .
    It would be cool tho if the user-database could be recuperated , i know from irc that it is in suppermans possession right now .
    So Supperman if u would be so kind to hand it over so we .... can move on ?

Greets Whisp
    Last edited by whisp; 09-16-2010 at 01:55 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    MMMMmmmm i am reading all this in amazement... I have been a member on PP for a while now, and a regular in IRC and to be honest dont think i have ever seen or spoken to Superman, only guy I understood to be boss was Glen, some one that was always around, ready willing and able to help.
    From what I understand moves were made to transfer ownership from Superman but in spite and showing what complete disregard he had for the hardworking staff and uploaders on there, he decided to cut n run!!!

It also shows just how much he cared about the loyal members as well, just a money making venture!!!!

He has been approached to try to retrieve the database so the site can continue, but again has spitefully said.. no way.. now does that sound like a guy who gives a toss....no it dont to me either, sounds like a guy that has been caught with his hand in the till!!!

Good Luck Glen and company, got a great staff on there so really hope you make it work and show that idiot how a site should be run!!!

There are two sides of every story, ive never stole a penny from PP if anything pp has cost me a fortune. when enough donations arnt made who do you think pays the bill? ME....
    be interesting to see some sort of records!!!!
    Last edited by groovychick; 09-16-2010 at 02:23 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Glen@DB's Avatar deamonbytes owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadistic666 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen@pp View Post

Typical just as I went over the 1TB mark too >_<

Has Superman told you he will not hand over the database or is he just not replying? I appreciate you trying to sort a new site out Glen
    It's a shame a lot of people probably don't know what's going on unless they found this forum
    he refuses to give the DB even though i spent years building up the membership from 5000 when i took over to 10500 as it was before closure...

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    chester
    I joined PP after libi shutdown. its was a very good site, my main place for my dl fix.
    I never heard of superman until PP closed, the Owner Glen and the staff that made it the Legend that it became.
    Superfool needs to stop being the Knobjockey and give the database to the people that worked hard for PeerPortal.
    Last edited by chester; 09-16-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast