Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the bolt

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mh1313 View Post
    But lots of reliability issues. Last week, a bot attack disabled the whole site for several hours deleted some unrecoverable posts (some were mine).
    A bit more on this from my orig. comment...
    First, those bot attacks were/are not all that uncommon. This was what we saw as the disruption:
    Code:
    Database error
    The Bolt.cd database has encountered a problem.
    Please try the following:
    Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    Open the bolt.cd home page, then try to open another page.
    Click the Back button to try another link.
    The bolt.cd forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.
    State/Media-corporation-sponsored Flame/Stuxnet-style attack? ... or by someone in my shoes -- just an outspoken file-sharer who wanted a slightly smoother internal SE, and got banned. But I was only a small-time file downloader with 20 posted comments. I can't imagine a major Bolt user -- who pissed off the Bolt mods, resulting not only in a vanished account, but a loss of income, etc. Yeah, those bot attacks seem a bit more "explainable" now.
    Also noted (and as most of you are already aware) is the fact that you have to be an approved member to gain access to the important fileshare posts. Some would argue that this added layer protects them from the "big-bad govt & corporatocracy" who want to find/delete file-host links. This is a legitimate excuse that I partly agree with .... BUT, avaxhome is totally open to downloaders. And even Google respects them somewhat by indexing avaxhome (you can Google-find file-shared files posted on avaxhome with surprisingly high SERP) All this may point to a simple fact: If you're good and respected file-sharer, like avaxhome, you don't need to hide.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    manker's Avatar effendi
    tl;dr

Can you write something funny about your experiences with small children or ethnic minorities or even bicycles instead.
    thx in advance.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    tl;dr

Can you write something funny about your experiences with small children or ethnic minorities or even bicycles instead.
    thx in advance.
    You weren't here for my beginnings, but it started out pretty much the same way :/
    It's eery how quickly you drew a connection.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    BTW: although Bolt.cd deleted ALL traces of my account, I had several browser tabs, with various Bolt (members-only pages w/my username/messages shown clearly.) OPEN!!! I screen-captured as much as I could and am working on an independent Blog project to detail what happened. It may go viral
    I haven't met anyone on here as petty as me, so my instinct is to think you're an original account. I approve of the upcoming blog, fuck anyone that bitches about it otherwise. Especially SunriseEmu
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    tl;dr

thx in advance.
    Funny you mentioned bicycles. That's part of what I do for a living: create and admin bicycle websites. I recently researched and wrote an article on how chain-saw oil is a cheap and effective substitute for high-priced Teflon-based bicycle chain lubes.
    Does that meet your requirements?

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    BTW: although Bolt.cd deleted ALL traces of my account, I had several browser tabs, with various Bolt (members-only pages w/my username/messages shown clearly.) OPEN!!! I screen-captured as much as I could and am working on an independent Blog project to detail what happened. It may go viral
    I haven't met anyone on here as petty as me, so my instinct is to think you're an original account. I approve of the upcoming blog, fuck anyone that bitches about it otherwise. Especially SunriseEmu
    I'm actually hoping bolt and I can settle things "out of court" -- which effectively kills all the interesting drama
    Thx for the support ... and I'll keep y'all updated.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    tl;dr

thx in advance.
    Funny you mentioned bicycles. That's part of what I do for a living: create and admin bicycle websites. I recently researched and wrote an article on how chain-saw oil is a cheap and effective substitute for high-priced Teflon-based bicycle chain lubes.

No but it's absolutely fantastic in a different way.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

8. Lounge   -   #18
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    tl;dr

thx in advance.
    You weren't here for my beginnings, but it started out pretty much the same way :/
    It's eery how quickly you drew a connection.
    I'm disallowing that.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    tl;dr

thx in advance.
    Strangely when some mentions cycling ,website designer isn't the first thing that springs to mind.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Strangely when some mentions cycling ,website designer isn't the first thing that springs to mind.
    Ahh ... on my Trek, i've got an iPhone mount on the handlebar. My iPhone has a WYSIWYG web-design (HTML) app. As far as the cycling part ... "Look ma, no hands"
    Last edited by mh1313; 06-12-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast