Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: the bolt

Poster BT Rep: +4
    Hi everyone:
    a friend just told me about this bolt site and he says is the best I don't know and for what he says is impossible to get registered but I gues registrations are open.
    http://bolt.org/board/register.php
    in case anyone thinks is true n wanna registered.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Hi!!

Your mum's cunt tastes like pineapples.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by carlangas View Post
    Hi everyone:
    a friend just told me about this bolt site and he says is the best I don't know and for what he says is impossible to get registered but I gues registrations are open.
    http://bolt.org/board/register.php
    in case anyone thinks is true n wanna registered.
    The best what? Please clarify because as far I can tell it's just another forum with more or less exactly the same sort of insipid forum kind of stuff that you can find both here and at 14,893,241 other places.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    It sounds a little more intelligible coming from someone who actually knows what it is, and who doesn't think it's some kind of exclusive site, which it's not..

http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/201...tion-huge.html

It's a DDL forum that has about a half million members and was open signup until they closed it recently. It's open again now. Hardly what I'd consider "impossible to get registered"
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

5. Lounge   -   #5
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    But does it offer anything warez-bb, forumw, silentground, katz forum, etc don't have?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    I've had occasions where I've searched for something and it's been on one forum, and not the other, but for the most part they serve the same stuff.

It's an open forum, sign up and have a look for yourself.
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Bolt works good for USA, where a lot of NON-Rapidshare hosts are unusable. Bolt,cd = Bolt.org = Rapid.org is mostly RS now. The now-closed, members-only section contains well-grouped and well-updated links. Bolt.cd works well because the users are dedicated to their threads and organize categories logically with good descriptions and quick updates. Bolt may be unique in this aspect.
    But lots of reliability issues. Last week, a bot attack disabled the whole site for several hours deleted some unrecoverable posts (some were mine).
    Full disclosure: I was recently banned from Bolt recently for criticizing their internal SE, which they themselves admit as broken: "Please do not make any more threads asking what is wrong with it, as these will be deleted from now on."
    They not only banned me, they deleted everything associated with my account -- posts and all ... I was a big-time Thanks-er -- all lost (other's lost my Thanks notices) because a few Bolt mods are super-touchy and like to "micro-moderate" and play Ubermench ad libitum.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by mh1313 View Post
    Full disclosure: I was recently banned from Bolt recently for criticizing their internal SE, which they themselves admit as broken: "Please do not make any more threads asking what is wrong with it, as these will be deleted from now on."
    They not only banned me, they deleted everything associated with my account -- posts and all ... I was a big-time Thanks-er -- all lost (other's lost my Thanks notices) because a few Bolt mods are super-touchy and like to "micro-moderate" and play Ubermench ad libitum.
    Shocking that a filesharing site would be run by teens and the power mad or as may apply ,power mad teens.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    ckrit's Avatar Flagpole
    Quote Originally Posted by mh1313 View Post
    Oh, god. Not the thankses. All those clicks for nothing. I don't see how the internets can survive it, tbh.

I blame society.
    ckrit d<rit c|<rit

Mi signotaur > urs.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Thx for your responses thusfar.

I partly take some responsibility for the Bolt ban: I was far too trusting. In the year or so I was on Bolt, I may have posted only 20x, but they were all long, thought-out posts on subjects such as how to build and tweak internal forum SEs which, again, Bolt has huge issues with. And a few days ago, I replied to some one with HDD problems, commenting on better HDD brands and cleaner AC voltage being important factors. So ... 20 long, meaty, non-vulgar posts. Maybe, some of the mods -- several who deleted msgs at the drop of a hat w/o much justifying reason for their actions -- saw such posts as mine as some sort of existential threat to their INDIVIDUAL and LEGACY rulership (I never want/wanted that job!). Moderators' monarchy -- as I like to call it -- is a pathology ... and spreads like cancer.

That said, the ban was a good lesson in several important ways -- kinda like Nietzsche's pithy aphorism: "what does not kill me makes me stronger". I had to look for alternate forums/sources for files (my posting here on firesharingtalk.com is a direct result of the Bolt ban). And, indeed, I found pretty much all that come to depend on from Bolt: Rapidshare-hosted files for TV documentaries (for other interests, like ebooks and music, Bolt was NEVER even a minor source [compared to major players such as avaxhome or, for classical music -- a personal interest -- boxset.ru or various private Blogspot blogs].
    BTW: although Bolt.cd deleted ALL traces of my account, I had several browser tabs, with various Bolt (members-only pages w/my username/messages shown clearly.) OPEN!!! I screen-captured as much as I could and am working on an independent Blog project to detail what happened. It may go viral
    Last edited by mh1313; 06-12-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast