Thread: Games on Usenet

sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    What are your opinions about getting games from Usenet? Personally, I have stuck with video and audio and am wary of any executable. Am I paranoid or are there ways to know a legit release from lets say a 'knock-off' that contains malware?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Get your NZB's from trusted sources. This forum is one of those.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    did you come from p2p... newsgroups are 100% safer then p2p. this is the safest way to download, and like dude said get your nzbs from trusted index sites.
    Pimpn aint easy ®

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    I didn't come over from P2P. Have been on Usenet since the late 90's and only stuck with audio and video pretty much except for some emulation ROM's.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDOSE View Post
    did you come from p2p... newsgroups are 100% safer then p2p. this is the safest way to download, and like dude said get your nzbs from trusted index sites.
    I have to disagree with this. I can search nzbindex right now and find tons of shady files that I wont go near.

Its pretty much the same as p2p, get your stuff from trusted sources and your ok, but theres plenty of crap to be downloaded out ther eif you don't know what your doing.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    I personally hate user-next.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by surface View Post
    I personally hate user-next.
    I personally hate people that hop on the reply button without even reading threads.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."