Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BTracs hacking accounts of trackers

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by btrach8ter View Post
    The guy 'Slevin' that runs BTRACS is part of the scheme. He's part of most of the top trackers and will narc on you. The guy is a real scumbag as with most ops on their forums. I would avoid BTRACS at all cost. They will scam your accounts then report you to other trackers for the all mighty global ban list. I'm sharing this info from the scene. I've seen Slevin actions towards others that stand in BTRACS way. He's a two-faced torrent user that can't be trusted. I wouldn't be surprised if he's working for a film studio collecting IPs.
    You're not the first one I read saying this.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by btrach8ter View Post
    The guy 'Slevin' that runs BTRACS is part of the scheme. I'm sharing this info from the scene. He's a two-faced torrent user that can't be trusted.
    You're not the first one I read saying this.
    Yeah because we all know how much the scene can be trusted especially as concerns bt.

Again I hate to harp on the fact but you can,you know, still find thousands of people that will merrily tell you that the Holocaust never happened .
    Proof please .Until then just another nasty internet rumour.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    karachidude's Avatar Excelsior BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    Be careful those using btracs forums, ur passwords are not encrypted on database, as u can see easy if u try "password recover".
    staff there can see your password, and if u have bad luck to use same on trackers, say goodbye.
    i can't post more info here, but i know some people lost accounts because staff there can't be trusted.

so, if u use there same pass as at trackers, change trackers pass IMMEDIATELY.

stay away from btracs.
    hey u changed ur avatar.thank u

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Finish Him! Anyways here's Slevin's note regarding this imaginative thread via BTRACS forum:

guess anyone is entitled to their opinions.
    regarding BTRACS security, all you "old guys" already know this, BTRACS always did and always will do everything to protect its members.
    i assure you passwords are encrypted and no one has access to them, or any other members related information for that matter.

the author is probably someone with a grudge and is trying to make us look bad.
    remember, you choose your password. it is secure, protected and no one knows it except you!
    Last edited by blurayripper; 09-22-2010 at 10:14 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    Slevin again proves he is a liar.
    If u dont believe me, try for urself:

go to forgot password, and ask it to be emailed back to you. guess what then, u get the password u were using. when this happens it mean passwords are not encrypted on DB, because if they were, the system mails u a new one as he cant read the one stored on the db.
    it's very easy to check for urself if he is a liar.

really be careful.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by blurayripper View Post
    Finish Him! Anyways here's Slevin's note regarding this imaginative thread via BTRACS forum:

guess anyone is entitled to their opinions.
    regarding BTRACS security, all you "old guys" already know this, BTRACS always did and always will do everything to protect its members.
    i assure you passwords are encrypted and no one has access to them, or any other members related information for that matter.

the author is probably someone with a grudge and is trying to make us look bad.
    remember, you choose your password. it is secure, protected and no one knows it except you!
    I totally believe him.
    Anyone that is too stupid to use capitalization obviously couldn't come up with a complicated scheme like that.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    That would simply mean that MD5 encryption wasn't enabled in this vBulletin but it still could be hashed right and not visible inside the database. Anyways i'm more interested in seeing how long one could last at a regular white collar job without ever capitalizing a single letter.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    It is pretty common for these shady invite/trading/selling forum sites to not encrypt passwords in their databases, which is why you'd have to be a retard to use the same password on multiple places, assuming you were retarded enough to register on them in the first place.

Besides staff abusing this, you also need to be worried about someone finding an exploit in the site and getting a hold of the DB with all of the users passwords, which happens more often then you'd think for shitty, hastily thrown together forums run by people who nothing about setting up a web server.

Not to mention, if you think the staff on these forums wouldn't give you up in an instant to save their own asses, please pass over this way whatever you are smoking.
    Last edited by chrisbeebops; 09-23-2010 at 12:02 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    chrisbeebops, i think you got BTRACS mistaken for one of those shady torrentinvite auction type forums. BTRACS is essentially a junior version of FST with the majority of the site dedicated to file sharing and BitTorrent discussions. Like FST it has a Trade, Request and Giveaway section and the majority of members do not trade/sell invites. It's usually the younger cats who are eager to jump into that trading game and some quickly get burned or disabled and learn their lesson. There are also rare occasions when thieves and scammers do get publicly reported and the same thing would happen here. I could pass you what i'm smoking but i guarantee you may enjoy it.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by blurayripper View Post
    chrisbeebops, i think you got BTRACS mistaken for one of those shady torrentinvite auction type forums. BTRACS is essentially a junior version of FST with the majority of the site dedicated to file sharing and BitTorrent discussions. Like FST it has a Trade, Request and Giveaway section and the majority of members do not trade/sell invites. It's usually the younger cats who are eager to jump into that trading game and some quickly get burned or disabled and learn their lesson. There are also rare occasions when thieves and scammers do get publicly reported and the same thing would happen here. I could pass you what i'm smoking but i guarantee you may enjoy it.
    BTracs doesn't run on vBulletin.

We don't publicly report thieves or scammers. They are banned/disabled when caught, but no personal details are ever spread to any trackers, even to the ones whom we have very good relations with.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast