Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: BTracs hacking accounts of trackers

The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    What level is BTRACS?

Seriously, though, not much can surprise me anymore. This hasn't. Thank god I only used their site without ever checking the forums.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    Through the eyes of prejudice?! Try being lectured by their more idiotic members on how "powerful" they are, try seeing how many of their members (no wait, read up in this thread) think that having "high level trackers" necessitates them also receiving respect, and try watching a bunch of them argue day and night about how it's a solid community for the love of bt (for the love of crying out loud), then all of them proceed to quit or hide underground in order to continue trading/selling. Do you honestly hold a modicum of respect for a torrent that finds value in members that start "The elite traders club"?

I've always given everything (and hopefully everyone, although, I can obviously never recall exceptions) a chance at earning my respect/time. BTRacs threw that out of the window, with other members chrisbeebops and clearly yourself having far worse experiences with them that I can imagine.

Riddle me this: For a forum full of good people, they surely didn't seem too venerable or patient when dealing with your case. So much for a community of level-headed individuals, huh? They wouldn't need to be weary of people cheating them, while they cheat the torrenting community at large, while we cheat society, if they didn't start a hive (swarm reference) full of douchebag cheaters in the bloody first place.

Let me put it into proper perspective for you: This is a crooked rotten world, where people name drop their own selves in third person while demanding power, where you're more likely to hear "do you know who I am", rather than "please", and where thieves figure out that they have the chance of stealing from other thieves (as is happening with btracs/traders/this thread). Sure, we're all pirates. However, if by the eyes of society we're scum, as you say, then, by virtue of hierarchy, what should we call the scum of our social denomination?
    I'm not saying you are wrong
    All I am trying to say is that no one has any right to call each other anything. These things that we argue over are just codes and scripts. I don't see what difference it makes in the the eyes of the society. Coz, in the end we're all thieves. And hell, we all entered BT with the sole motive of breaking the rules. And we're all guilty of stealing. How can we blame some of those people who took it to the next level?

With reference to your post:

1.I have never seen anyone in btracs, while I was there, bragging about how powerful they are or the level of trackers they have. And about demanding respect. Well, staff is there for a reason. I don't see why anyone should disrespect them while at their forum. And as for members, I've seen braggarts and l33t get their asses kicked out for the same reason. And before making such a statement, please make sure you have some evidence to support it.

2. About the cheating riddle. As far as I can see, btracs or any other trading/selling forum is only doing to trackers, what trackers are doing to the society and artists. So, its nothing to make a fuss about. In simple words, its just like robbing Robin Hood right after he robs the rich. I'd call them smart or clever.

I respect them because, except for the few nuts in there who are crazy about trading and selling, I've seen, met and am still in contact with some of the members who has never even visited the Trade/Sell section of the forum. And those people amounts to 80% of the active members now. I've seen more people posting in Requests/Giveaways than the Trade/Sell section. Which makes me wonder if its the same forum we're talking about.
    Last edited by TheFallenAngel; 09-26-2010 at 06:05 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    However, if by the eyes of society we're scum, as you say, then, by virtue of hierarchy, what should we call the scum of our social denomination?
    Spoiler: Show
    Last edited by Intr4ns1t; 09-26-2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: alcohol ish your friend, I shwear
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    thank u

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    We have all been using the Internet for a long time. I would think by now it is common sense that no password is safe in a forum because you don't know who encrypts there user databases or not and I would have to say the same goes for the trackers themselves.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    they are filthy fucks at btracks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456