Thread: Free Hosting that doesn't police copyrights(unless forced to)

So, I had a fairly small sharing forum.
    The forum finally crossed 10,000 posts, and I suppose that earned a manual review by the good folks at proboards. It's now deleted

It took like 3 years to get there, and none of my files were ever even deleted for DMCA. So it wasn't a complaint against the board. It was self policing.

I need a web host that won't bug me about this crap, unless they get complaints(they won't).
    I need something that will also let me use a top level domain. I don't want to use sub-domains if I can avoid it.
    Last edited by WindWalkerX; 10-09-2010 at 12:38 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    thanks for editing your post DB
    Last edited by JustDOSE; 10-10-2010 at 12:01 AM.
    Pimpn aint easy ®

3. Lounge   -   #3
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Your avatar disturbs me WindWalkerX.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    Your avatar disturbs me WindWalkerX.
    Mission accomplished

I'm a bit surprised that no one else has operated a small sharing site, without running into hosting problems. Maybe a few dozen extra views will find someone :p

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I have operated a few not so small sharing sites.
    Are you looking for a .US or .EU location? As for .EU I can recommend Giga-International. They never bugged me about anything at all, given that I have never asked them for any kind of support.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    I have operated a few not so small sharing sites.
    Are you looking for a .US or .EU location? As for .EU I can recommend Giga-International. They never bugged me about anything at all, given that I have never asked them for any kind of support.
    This is ideal. I can't believe they offer 500gb of traffic for about $5 a month @_@
    They even have ftp, which is must for me.
    I will definitely be using them.

Maybe someone can answer one more question for me. Does it matter who you use as a domain registrar? I've seen sites with "this domain has been suspended" before, and wonder about that. My Google-fu wasn't up to finding that answer. I figure it's on the hosting side, but really don't know.