Thread: Using FXP with Seedboxes...Is it possible?

Poster BT Rep: +3
    I want to have multiple seedboxes (preferred non-shared and over 100GB) and be able to transfer files between servers with FXP client. The only thing i do not want to do is get a seedbox and then find out that it doesnt have Passive Mode enabled on the FTP server.

ANy of you guys no of any seedboxes out there that do this?

Thanks!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    seedhost-net
    Even if provider doesn't have FXP enabled by default it shouldn't be a problem to activate it,

we at seedhost.net have it disabled by default but no problem to activate by request, it is just 2 extra lines to the vsftpd config,

Regards,
    SEEDHOST.NET

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow1234 View Post
    I want to have multiple seedboxes (preferred non-shared and over 100GB) and be able to transfer files between servers with FXP client. The only thing i do not want to do is get a seedbox and then find out that it doesnt have Passive Mode enabled on the FTP server.

ANy of you guys no of any seedboxes out there that do this?

Thanks!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    If they are non-shared boxes (dedicated) you will have root access and can configure the FTP server to allow FXP connections.

Also as a note, Passive Mode is not disabled on FTP servers... allowing data connections to be established to/from an IP address other than the IP address of the control connection is what is disabled.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    i use FXP for my rapidpeer seedboxes..i think it may only work on their turboFTP though. im sure like the guy above said though, a simple ticket to support and they can enable it if you didnt pay up for the turboFTP stuff