Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: itunes releasers?

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    I'm looking forward to the new Dexter season on iTunes. The quality is really great. In fact it's the best you can get for new TV shows. They beat huge mpeg2 HDTV caps all the time and are logo, popup and commercial free. It's like Blu-Ray rips for a running season.
    I don't know about all that, it may be better sometimes, but they commonly do comparisons and the caps are better. I would say though that the differences on most of that stuff is very small. Either look great, scene releases you never know.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot6473 View Post
    Its not a warez site or a scene site where the files are common and have no direct link to the uploader, that's all 2nd hand. 90% of the files on the site are original content that you can't find anywhere else that has been bought by members.

The only other trackers I can compare it to are What.cd and Waffles. Most of the stuff on those sites are user created which is what makes them so great and have so much content.
    You would be an idiot to upload something onto the internet that is copyright and has your user info still in the files.

Applying these 'no re-up' rules just make HDBits worse than it could be without the rule, because its restricting competition. It's is one of the standard 'lazy' ways of try to force a monopoly on a market, or to keep your product on top without productive innovation.

I'm glad you brought up What.cd, but not sure why you bothered to mention the much inferior site Waffles.fm. What.cd is the one torrent site I've noticed to use innovation and not these lazy tactics to get where they are today (arguably best music source, arguably most successful private tracker).
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 09-25-2010 at 07:42 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot6473 View Post
    Its not a warez site or a scene site where the files are common and have no direct link to the uploader, that's all 2nd hand. 90% of the files on the site are original content that you can't find anywhere else that has been bought by members.

The only other trackers I can compare it to are What.cd and Waffles. Most of the stuff on those sites are user created which is what makes them so great and have so much content.
    You would be an idiot to upload something onto the internet that is copyright and has your user info still in the files.

Applying these 'no re-up' rules just make HDBits worse than it could be without the rule, because its restricting competition. It's is one of the standard 'lazy' ways of try to force a monopoly on a market, or to keep your product on top without productive innovation.

I'm glad you brought up What.cd, but not sure why you bothered to mention the much inferior site Waffles.fm. What.cd is the one torrent site I've noticed to use innovation and not these lazy tactics to get where they are today (arguably best music source, arguably most successful private tracker).
    Well it happens and thats why the rules are there.

I don't see how it limits innovation either. I would argue the opposite point really since if other sites actually wanted to compete or release original content they would have to start buying original material also which would be great. Some sites even do this like CHDBits, TorrentGUI and some other HD torrent trackers which is fucking awesome and proves your theory wrong. Competition drives innovation and a monopoly in something like HD content is never good, but the people can't just take shit and put it someplace else because that accomplishes nothing. If they bought all the stuff and added to the content available on the web then they would actually be doing something productive.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Aha relying on a crutch is not innovation, bud.

I'm not saying HDbits sucks, cause it doesn't. But read over what you said because it makes little sense as an argument. That rule in itself limits competition by trying to make that specific site exclusive to that content. For example if every HD site bought a bit of content and kept it to themselves, you would all have to be on every site and none of them would succeed in any meaningful progression. I'm sorry to say you don't understand the basic concepts of economic theory. It's like I'm talking to a kid/fanboy and probably both, so I really have nothing more to add that won't result in more frustrating misunderstanding on your part.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    elbuitre's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If HDB releasers really wanted privacy they would release on something private like usenet instead of what is essentially a pay-to-join site.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    HDB isn't a pay to join site, so I dunno where got that from.

1000possibleclaws if every site bought their own stuff and capped their own shows HDB wouldn't even be talked about because it would be a dimeadozen. I hope one day it is like that and everybody has access to everything that's on the site because other people are buying things. But if all the same files go all over the internet then nobody will bother to get new things because they are just being supplied by somebody else. That is how leechers that download scene tend to think, why get my own shit which is much better quality when I can get sub par things for free.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    yes it is, anyone can pay to join and anyone that can sue you has money, so, it's not like... very secure.
    Last edited by elbuitre; 09-25-2010 at 08:36 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    lol no you can't

it is completely closed to normal users, only staff or VIP can invite.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    You could just buy an account.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by elbuitre View Post
    You could just buy an account.
    Doesn't go too well. The staff catch on readily (tbdev lists ip changes by default, me thinks) and from there it's a simple hilarious user title change, and a ban.
    Ellipses go here.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast