Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: itunes releasers?

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    ...or grab yourself a usenet provider.
    I'd rather buy the original from the iTunes store than support companies that make huge profits with free warez.

Never pay for warez and don't support people who sell them.
    Hmm, some perspective... cost of Family Guy season 8 HD and Modern Family season 1 HD on Zune MP (similarly priced to itunes)
    = $129
    Cost of bluray = does it exist?
    Cost of usenet account = $11/mo (ex. Astraweb)

I mean I am supportive of their distribution methods, but the DRM and price are not worth it. Even if it was worth it, I couldn't really afford it. What you're essentially paying for with Usenet is convenience, the convenience of maxing out your DL speed, the convenience of not uploading, the convenience of being able to find everything you're looking for without scouring forums and getting into private sites.

Certainly, if you have the money and prefer getting your media locked into limited devices/programs, then iTunes is perfect for you.

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    I support free filesharing. Usenet companies make money with scene/p2p releases. Fuck them!

It's all right if a company sells retail content online. It's not all right if a company sells pirated copies online. No matter if you pay for a flat rate or for every single file.

Warez are released to be free. They're not released to increase the profit of Usenet providers or filehosters. Pirates are not the content providers for commercial download services.

I'd never put music, TV shows or movies I bought and ripped into a distribution system when a company makes money with it.

On top of it the anti piracy wankers don't go for the companies who earn money with warez. They go for bittorrent trackers or single users who share for free.

Again:

Get your warez for free or buy the original. But never pay for warez!
    Last edited by Polarbear; 09-28-2010 at 08:15 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    What the fuck are you talking about Polarbear?

NSP's sell a service what you choose to do with that service is up to you. Server space and bandwidth don't come cheap!

It's the posters who abuse NSP's by posting to it. You can also download Open source and Freeware software, Linux tarballs, Linux isos and also use it as a bulletin board.

If you read the history and purpose of Usenet it has evolved over the years.

It's not as if p2p trackers require donations to 'help with server fees' in order spread property intellect - scene/p2p releases. Even filehosting websites like Rapidshare, Megaupload, Megashares etc require fees to receive no waiting time, higher download speed and larger hosting space.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Do you know how much profit companies like Giganews or Rapidshare make? We're talking about millions of dollars here. They don't make that money with linux distros. Those companies profit directly from piracy. Nobody would pay for a download service if there weren't any warez to download. Warez that were released to be free.

I know newsgroups since the early 90ies when I used them through my university servers. Usenet today has become a giant warez selling machine run by big corporations.

Anyhow this is pretty much off topic. We already figured out that the best free sources for iTunes releases are HDBits and BitMeTV.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 09-28-2010 at 09:31 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    What you choose to host/leech from trackers/usenet is up to you. As I said, you're paying for a service to binaries/txt whether they're warez or open source is irrelevant.

Does it really matter how much profit a organization makes? The 'millions of dollars' isn't profit it's gross margin - how do you think the likes of Astraweb can have 700+days retention?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    You also don't have to pay, you can IPv6 tunnel and use a free broker......
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Polarbear you don't know what you're talking about. If there was a decent profit margin to be had in newsgroups, those big providers would be getting undercut by another provider until the profit margin disappeared. There is no monopoly market in newsgroups and I highly doubt all the providers are colluding together, since this is the internet we're talking about and anyone can just step into the business.

Also, you're paying for the convenience of the service and not for the warez themselves. With that mindset, everyone would be paying for warez by buying seedboxes or subscribing to an isp
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 09-29-2010 at 12:49 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Also what seems to be forgotten is that it's a service that used to be free (and still is with ipv6). Due to some legal bullshit and ISPs willingness to drop support (US scenario), there's no longer free access to usenet binaries. You forget that usenet isn't just one thing, you can nearly find anything you're looking for, e.g. a specific version number of a program when the website doesn't even provide access to it anymore. Badass bandwidth isn't free, somebody's going to be paying for it, it's just not your ISP anymore. I think everyone reiterated this point. I don't get anything warez off usenet, it's cliche to even suggest that.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678