Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is there any way to upload for free?

Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDOSE View Post
    If posting for free were possible usenet would be a wasteland just like p2p
    That's a rather stupid statement since it is extremely vague and incorrect ...
    What is P2P exactly ... e-mule, dc++, kazaa, limewire, Soulseek, torrents; private trackers or public trackers, etc ...

I'm in no way a P2P-fanboi since I also use newsgroups and DDL's next to torrents.

Every filesharing method has it's pro's and con's and just dismissing every P2P-method as crap and saying one method (USenet) is the one and only 'holy grail' is not very smart imo.
    Can you feel the LOVE

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    If you're really that broke and have something you believe is worth posting, I'm willing to help you out. I have a dormant Blocknews account you can use to upload. I would PM you the details, but I don't have the privilege yet. Perhaps you could post an anonymous email that I could send the info to, or maybe a mod will be willing to act as a messenger between us.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDOSE View Post
    If posting for free were possible usenet would be a wasteland just like p2p
    That's a rather stupid statement since it is extremely vague and incorrect ...
    What is P2P exactly ... e-mule, dc++, kazaa, limewire, Soulseek, torrents; private trackers or public trackers, etc ...

I'm in no way a P2P-fanboi since I also use newsgroups and DDL's next to torrents.

Every filesharing method has it's pro's and con's and just dismissing every P2P-method as crap and saying one method (USenet) is the one and only 'holy grail' is not very smart imo.
    dont troll, it makes you look stupid.
    Pimpn aint easy ®

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
    If you're really that broke and have something you believe is worth posting, I'm willing to help you out. I have a dormant Blocknews account you can use to upload. I would PM you the details, but I don't have the privilege yet. Perhaps you could post an anonymous email that I could send the info to, or maybe a mod will be willing to act as a messenger between us.
    thanks, i don't really have anything that special it's just that usenet is my preferred download method in most scenarios. it's not often but it does happen that i'll search for something to find it's not on usenet i just went from a few second search and a fast download. to really having to look who knows how long with slow speeds.

when that happens i'd like to be able to share the files on usenet so if anyone else wants it with a quick and easy download it wont be a problem.

so it's not that i really have anything important but i really would like the ability to share back. if i had something great i'd gladly borrow your account but i really just want to be able to upload what i have when it's not available.
    unless it has like under a gig download left and you're sure you'll never use it again that is then i'd love to have it.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I mean $3, I really can't avoid being an ass, but how is this not bothering anybody?!

Is this a lost Monty Python skit?

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    here... 2$.. i just saved you 33%!

http://usenet-news.net/index1.php?url=get

One time block - i've had mine since March /2009... one time fee of 2$ .. as long as you never use it to download or collect headers

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    do they have any completion problems like anything you posted ever not uploaded properly?

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    newsgroupie
    I've used Usenet-news block accounts since 2005, and I think for most people it is probably about as good as any other provider for uploading.

These are a few factors that for me seem to increase the likelihood of getting incompletes:

Using a lot of connections
    Using a wireless router
    Using SSL
    Using a particular non-compatible client (even though it might work fine on another server)

You might want to try posting a few samples to alt.binaries.test to make sure everything is working OK before you commit to a big release. I'd suggest waiting about 10 or 15 minutes to allow all the articles to show up as headers, before assuming that something is missing.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    i managed to get a $1 account at blocknews, uploaded about 10GB so far all perfectly i did notice something strange though "You Have Used 0.00113 GBs Of Your 1 GBs Purchased" the account has only ever been used with powerpost so i don't think i could have possibly used .00113 GBs as that program is upload only

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    so you can upload 100TB for 1$ is what you mean... try changing your firewall to allow only outgoing connections for that program you use to upload but i dont know if that will work, worth a try
    Pimpn aint easy ®

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast