Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: merlins-portal.net is back

JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad

Urgent

Merlins-portal.net is back. Seems like they want to do things the right way now. Merlins-portal I hope you have changed your ways and will earn the usenet communities praise and respect again.

I hope the site doesn't fall to greed, and mods to baning everyone in chat & who doesn't do what they want this time around. I know as soon as I see "Buy ViP" again Im gone for good, if a site is good members will donate for costs, if they choose to OFC. The thanks button I can deal with but the constant hitting me up for money every few inches i scroll on the web page was lame.

sadly he will be hitting us up for donations AGAIN...
    from merlins-portal.net:
    There will be NO donation system in place untill 2011
    Last edited by JustDOSE; 10-12-2010 at 10:26 PM.
    Pimpn aint easy ®

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Just have to wait for the new NZB section then.

It's always good to have a few sites to check out so I hope it works out.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    These are much welcomed news.
    No site managed to fill the void created by their demise,

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    There was a void?

I hadn't even needed that site in a long time. I used to use it as a crutch I suppose, seeing as they had a decent selection but, the layout and horrible, non-scene naming structure made the place nearly useless for me.

It just took too much time to decipher pertinent details about what the upload actual was, that I stopped going there altogether.

yo

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    newsgroupie
    After ShareReactor got busted, the site's entire database got 'leaked' and was being shared online in a readable format. I was hoping the same might happen with Merlin's.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    and horrible, non-scene naming structure made the place nearly useless for me.
    lol i got banned one time for posting an nzb with dashes "-" in the post title.
    Pimpn aint easy ®

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    I have to agree with Skiz. The site is almost unnavigable. I particularly dislike the way they divide movies into decades, which means one has to check several categories to see if there is anything worth downloading.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I liked the site

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    I liked the site
    Me too.

But I have to agree that the IMBD buttons and what not on NZBMatrix.com would've been a nice addition cause it makes it a lot faster (yeah I'm lazy) to check things out.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Lost Soul
    Personally think your way of the mark with some of your comments. I have used merlins portal with FST for 4/5 years and not once was i ever forced to donate or never seen anyone banned for posting or any other of the things that happened to me on merlins portal. merlins portal along with FST are only 2 sites that give up there time and provide a service for free. I suggest more like you got banned for being a dick IMHO, merlins staff rarely banned members and took alot of stick because they always respected the right to reply something other sites could learn from.

"Seems like they want to do things the right way now. Merlins-portal I hope you have changed your ways" The site had over 100,00 members i think he pretty much got it right first time.

People need to wake up and support such sites as merlins portal and FST if not the owners just get pissed and move on. All credit to merlin for bringing it back but from reading on the site ex staff had more to do with it coming back..
    Last edited by k2bug; 09-26-2010 at 07:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast