Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tweaking Pc?

Poster
    i am only running an amd athlon 1 ghz and i was wondering what can i do to make it run faster without having to overclock it? is there any tweaks or anything that will allow me to run games and programs faster?

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.
    We all seek peace, but few of us will ever find it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    try tweakxp, its good and im sure u can find a crack for it....as for gaming, theres not alot unless u O/C the card or buy a new one

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    theres not alot unless u O/C the card or buy a new one

what would be the best chip to buy that will play all the new games like half-life 2 and that will last me at least a year? i was going to go with an amd athlon 2500+, but i would like to see some of yalls suggestions!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    ati radeon or geforce, theres not really the BEST card, its wat ever u like

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    what would be the best chip to buy that will play all the new games like half-life 2 and that will last me at least a year? i was going to go with an amd athlon 2500+, but i would like to see some of yalls suggestions!
    i was referring to a processor but thanx for the videocard info .

btw: is a radeon 9600 pro a good card?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    the amd barton 2500 is an amazing chip... it is easily the best buy on the market for performance (and overclocking) in my opinion. the chip can be bought on newegg for 90 dollars and a good board can be had for less than that. i have it in a good board w/ two sticks of pc 3200 ram and my system flies, runs every game at max settings w/ no problems.

the 9600 pro is a good card and will run any game that comes out for the next few years. it's a good overall middle ground card. the 9500 pro or 9700 or above will give you better performance but will also set you back a bit more...

rk

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    The best tweak to improve overall performance for any PC is more RAM......alternatively add/buy a new chip/board/vc/ram (new machine)
    ABIT NF7s--Athlon 2800--80gbMaxtor--41gbIBM--1024DDRpc3200--PowCol9800XT--Pioneer106DVD/RW--PlextorCD/RW--SonyDVD

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    Mate i've been in to power using for a yrs mate and if anyones the same they'll agree..althou the chip[ and ram are important they're are not as important as a good board.The mobo and chipset is tha base of all the power.My self i only ever buy asus,soltek or epox..one of them mate with a nice amd and ram and you cant go wrong for extreme performance and stability.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Couldnt agree more, although I've had good experiences with Abit boards, just installed the NF7s with an Athlon Barton 2800. I'll also be getting 1GB of faster RAM soon, ditching the old pc2100DDR I had in my old Abit KG7. It runs superb at the mo with my NVIDIA Ti 4600 128mb DDR (pity it's only 4xAGP though). I can't wait to see it running with better RAM and possibly a new Radeon .
    ABIT NF7s--Athlon 2800--80gbMaxtor--41gbIBM--1024DDRpc3200--PowCol9800XT--Pioneer106DVD/RW--PlextorCD/RW--SonyDVD

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    the amd barton 2500 is an amazing chip... it is easily the best buy on the market for performance (and overclocking) in my opinion. the chip can be bought on newegg for 90 dollars and a good board can be had for less than that. i have it in a good board w/ two sticks of pc 3200 ram and my system flies, runs every game at max settings w/ no problems.

the 9600 pro is a good card and will run any game that comes out for the next few years. it's a good overall middle ground card. the 9500 pro or 9700 or above will give you better performance but will also set you back a bit more...

rk
    thanx for the info ill probably try to but the 2500+ when i can get the money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast