Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: whatcd speed requirements???

  1. #1
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    hola guyes i am all set to take whatcd interview my only concern is my upload speed which i believe is below average
    0.56 Mb/s
    my query is will i be able to pass the test with this much if not how much more do i need?

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    in a land far far away
    Posts
    90
    yes

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Shangri-La
    Posts
    2,225
    they no longer reject applicants on the basis of speedtest. YOu should concentrate on getting teh basic questions right, instead.

  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    they no longer reject applicants on the basis of speedtest. YOu should concentrate on getting teh basic questions right, instead.
    Meaning They wont even ask for speed proof? and what would be the basic questions??????????

  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Shangri-La
    Posts
    2,225
    Interviewer could ask for speedtests, but he wont deny you an invite solely on the basis of low upload speeds.
    As far as questions are concerned, read about encoding, transcoding, bitrates, MP3 encoding presets, lossless, lossy formats for starters.

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    Interviewer could ask for speedtests, but he wont deny you an invite solely on the basis of low upload speeds.
    As far as questions are concerned, read about encoding, transcoding, bitrates, MP3 encoding presets, lossless, lossy formats for starters.
    Thank You That helps

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Firstly, your name is "whatcdfan", but you aren't a member of that tracker?

    Secondly, it's like n00bz0r said. They'll ask you for a speedtest and maybe profile links from other tracker, but they won't deny entry to people with sucky upload speeds, otherwise most wouldn't get in through the interview. Read this thoroughly, and if you still have questions, they have a dedicated channel for that:
    http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/
    "Come visit sometime, okay? We'll always be here for you. We... we all love you."

  8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    i am not a member of any other private tracker i dont do much torrenting except for music and i was told its the mecca of music fans so i always had this dream but for that firstly i became ripper and encoder and released some torrents to have initial knowledge of ripping encoding seeding etc but now feel like i am all set.
    Last edited by whatcdfan; 09-25-2010 at 04:45 PM.

  9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    optimuscrime's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    .gov
    Posts
    19
    If you feel have a pretty solid knowledge of ripping and encoding then just look over anon's link (http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/) and take the test. The hardest part is waiting around to take the interview, the actual test is easy if you know your stuff.

  10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I is everywhere!!
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    i am not a member of any other private tracker i dont do much torrenting except for music and i was told its the mecca of music fans so i always had this dream but for that firstly i became ripper and encoder and released some torrents to have initial knowledge of ripping encoding seeding etc but now feel like i am all set.
    Cool story, bro!
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •