Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to organize my music collection(folders)

Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Hi everyone !

I was wondering how can i organize my music folders . Basically what i want to do is each folder to have a name like every other folder , for example [year] - [Band] - [Album] . Right now my music folders are a mess and it would a week or so to organize 500gb . I don't know if foobar can do this . Anyway is there a program that can easily and automaticaly that can do this and maybe even get the album covers ?

Thanks !

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS
    Quite recently I used a program called "mp3Tag" to organize all the songs copied off of my iPOD. It wasn't perfect mind you because of the excess special characters which is due to the Russian, Hungarian and other language folk metal I listen to but it did allow me to sort everything by the tag. Link below to the site and the trial version worked just fine.

http://www.maniactools.com/soft/mp3tag-pro/index.shtml

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Thanks for the suggestion but in trial mode you get "Trial" in the tag comment . But there is another tag editor which is free and even better , mp3tag.de

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Mp3tag will automatically changing the folder hierarchy and then use Mp3Tag.de remove the comment section from the audio. I did say it wasn't perfect.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    when i download a more big pack of music (scene releases in folders and all sorted genres)...if possibly mp3 the scene can be sorted by genre releses singles, but after sorting I would like to remain in the original scene release form(in folders)... maby Who knows what could be a good program that can do this ?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I do...

Artist
    -albums
    Artist
    -albums

and I use Tag & Rename pretty much does all and it's decent I think.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonx81 View Post
    when i download a more big pack of music (scene releases in folders and all sorted genres)...if possibly mp3 the scene can be sorted by genre releses singles, but after sorting I would like to remain in the original scene release form(in folders)... maby Who knows what could be a good program that can do this ?
    what software do you use for this?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    To give an example what i want to do it , is :
    1. Tag my mp3s through web (amazon, freedb etc)
    2. get covers
    3. i have a folder of Metallica which has the following folders , Master of Puppets , Black Album , etc
    I want those folders to have [year] - [Album] name , how can i do these ?

Can mp3tagpro do this ? because i haven't found an option for the folders , only for mp3s

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Oh, I thought you had your mp3's tagged with covers and what not. One could try MusicBrainz and then mp3tag but I'd rather do them manually.
    Last edited by WHiKWiRE; 09-22-2010 at 06:23 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    try tagrunner!!

Best tool by far when it comes to tagging in my opinion, also searches for lyrics and adds them to the .mp3 file.

Does not support renaming unfortunately and isnīt developed any further, but still the best solution for me.

Best regards!
    BitTorrent in 3 Pictures

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast