Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Aussies can now drool (Pics inside)

  1. #1
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Land gurt by sea
    Posts
    9,196
    New NBN setup (FTTH):

    http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/c...idway%20Point/

    Not my setup.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

  2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Incontinentia
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    New NBN setup (FTTH):

    http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/c...idway%20Point/

    Not my setup.
    Here's some of the fiber infrastructure being rolled out in Melbourne now. Interesting and exciting...

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/59110820@N08/
    It is always something.

  3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    41
    Posts
    29,733
    Underground fiber cable doesn't mean anything unfortunately.

    All of Austin is wired with fiber optic cable underground. The problem is, no one has fiber in their house. Even if they did, they would have to pay $300/month+ to get a connection that would make use of it.

    Maybe your situation is different down there in Rooville.



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Incontinentia
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    The problem is, no one has fiber in their house.
    Fiber-to-the-premises is being rolled out here. The figures being quoting are 93% fiber coverage to all premises with the remaining 7% in regional and outback areas covered with wireless and satellite.
    It is always something.

  5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Land gurt by sea
    Posts
    9,196
    I bet you're excited krakt?

    All the ISP that are offering fibre still have outrageously low quotas. Hopefully competition will kick in soon.

    Let's see if it gets rolled out here first .
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

  6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Quote Originally Posted by krackt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    The problem is, no one has fiber in their house.
    Fiber-to-the-premises is being rolled out here. The figures being quoting are 93% fiber coverage to all premises with the remaining 7% in regional and outback areas covered with wireless and satellite.
    When are they expected to be finished covering that 93%?

  7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Land gurt by sea
    Posts
    9,196
    It's going to take a while tesco, like a couple of decades. Knowing the current governments planning strategies more than a life time is a reality.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

  8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    275
    Im drooling right now...

  9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Incontinentia
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krackt View Post
    Fiber-to-the-premises is being rolled out here. The figures being quoting are 93% fiber coverage to all premises with the remaining 7% in regional and outback areas covered with wireless and satellite.
    When are they expected to be finished covering that 93%?
    8 years (2010 - 2018) is the expected completion time. The map on this website gives a good indication of progress to date. $120M of satellite spectrum has already been purchased, so things seem to be moving along.

    We also have opposition politicians who would rather spend this money in their electorates and are hellbent on scrapping the project. Hopefully it's too late for them, but who knows?
    It is always something.

  10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    European Union
    Age
    42
    Posts
    12,718
    Luckily, here, our ISPs bring the Fiber cable right up to your gateway inside home. I have Fiber optics cabling around my house all the way to my living room where the main gateway is placed.
    And here I was thinking my country didn't make anything good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •