Thread: Article: The Myth of Free Private Trackers: A Commentary on the Economics of Private

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I tried to confirm the source, but that site had been disabled due to not paying its bills...Irony?

****EDIT****

****/EDIT****

Anyway, the article reads more like an anti-p2p lawyer's attempt to get sites shut down than it comes across as "speaking the truth".

I have long since compared file-sharing and libraries. Here is another example that fits...Is it wrong to borrow/read a library book? No. Is there money involved? Yes. From the purchase and donation of books/music/videos to maintenance on the grounds/building to the electricity needed to keep the building warm, and the lights on to the need for professional staff to keep the library organized and running----yes, there is money involved. It is no more automatically "dirty" on a tracker than it is in a public library.

While this blog is fun, it should not be placed in with news. It is most of the time opinion, and one-sided a t that.
    Last edited by megabyteme; 09-28-2010 at 10:25 PM.

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    I agree with megabyteme, maybe some tracker follow the articles ways but definitely not all.

There are a lot of trackers that are not fond of seed boxes and others that have a point system if you can not physically up load what u have downloaded it gives u virtual upload. All u have to do is show that u are willing to try to seed for some days and try to help keeping the files on the tracker for as long as possible.
    Last edited by kuhore; 09-28-2010 at 09:32 PM.

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    With usenet you dont have to upload...

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    @MBM, the source is FSF

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Thanks for the correction, Cabalo. It reads exactly like something Backie would write.

7. vBCms Comments   -   #7
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    Some of what he wrote applies to some trackers, but none of it applies to all. He's trying to make sweeping generalizations based on conditions that exist in isolated places.

I can only hope his next effort as an investigative writer is better researched and given a tad more thought, or I predict a very short career for him as a blogger
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ