Thread: Bioshock Infinite (The 3RD Bioshiock and it's not in Rapture) Holy Cow :)

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    2K Games revealed Wednesday that its Irrational Games studio is currently developing the next installment in the "BioShock" franchise, dubbed "BioShock Infinite."

The game, which is being developed for the Xbox 360, the PlayStation3, and Games for Windows, is expected to hit stores sometime in 2012.

The game is set in 1912 where a man is on a mission to rescue a woman from Columbia, a city in the sky.

A trailer for "BioShock Infinite" transported users to Columbia, where we assume the role of former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt, and must rescue Elizabeth, a young woman imprisoned there since childhood. From a first person point of view, we see that DeWitt is being brutally attacked by a Big Daddy. He is soon thrown from his sanctuary in the sky and begins to fall. A woman saves him briefly, but not before she is grabbed by the rebellious Big Daddy.

"In order to explore the floating city of Columbia, we needed an entirely new engine. To bring Elizabeth to life, we had to build brand-new animation and AI systems," Ken Levine, creative director of Irrational Games, said in a statement. "To create wide-ranging indoor and outdoor firefights at 30,000 feet, we had to rethink, rebuild, and expand the BioShock arsenal. The only thing gamers can be certain of is this: the rules of the BioShock universe are about to change."

More information is available at bioshockinfinite.com.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14258637.html

Welcome to the city of Columbia. Floating amongst the clouds, cruising far above sea level, this is a place unlike any you've ever seen. Please enjoy your voyage...

The third game in the popular Bioshock series, BioShock: Infinite breaks away from the underwater setting of the first two games to take players into a floating city held aloft by dirigibles. The game is set in 1912. You play as Booker DeWitt, a disgraced former private detective who's picked up a new case. Your goal is to find Elizabeth, a young woman who's gone missing and return her unharmed. The only problem is that she's being kept on this flying city. Columbia was once a symbol of America's success as a nation, floating around the world as a traveling World's Fair, a marvel of human innovation. But strange things have happened since Columbia's unveiling in 1900, and now the city has disappeared into the clouds. DeWitt knows how to find it, but over the years stories have been told about Columbia having unlawful heavy armament and deranged citizenry. Do not expect this to be a pleasure cruise.

http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 08-13-2010 at 03:09 AM.
    [center]

2. Games   -   #2
    Oh yeah!!!! Roll on 2012 - Gotta have this one

3. Games   -   #3
    i trust irrational games, but that trailer left me unsure.. i'll have to see more before i get pumped.

4. Games   -   #4
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I surely hope it will be as good as the previous two!
    I really, really liked them and would be very disappointed if they continued this franchise with games that were only aimed to sell based on it's 2 excellent predecessors.
    Can you feel the LOVE

5. Games   -   #5
    Trailer looks great. 2012 is a far away though.