Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deleting the original ripper info?

Expeto's Avatar current user title
    Yesterday I made a nice torrent and put it to tracker A. Than went tracker B and found out the a copy of the same file was already there. The problem was both files have exact same md5 but at tracker B every bit of information of the release group was wiped systematically. I'm not talking about just a mistake, group name was removed from all files, there was only two lines was missing from technical info "Ripper:" and "Subber:", and tracker B was added its own name to the end of the file.

I'm extremely disappointed, and thinking about downloading random stuff to kill my buffer and ask to IRC stuff to close my acc. Am I overreacting? Is this common practice? Which trackers are this cheap?
    Last edited by Expeto; 09-28-2010 at 05:43 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    More common than you'd think for one tracker to steal content from another without giving any credit to the source.

Although it can happen with member encodes, most commonly uploaders of one 0day site will download packs and releases from another tracker to upload to their own. Since all scene releases are the same, an uploader could pretend to have ftp access for uploading when really all they have is accounts at many other torrent sites to leech from. They can attain the "prestige" associated with an uploader rank without the knowledge (or $$$) required for gaining and maintaining ftp access.

If you really feel that poorly about it, complain to tracker B staff. Any of the following could happen:
    1. The torrent may be edited to give credit to yourself.
    2. The torrent may be deleted.
    3. Your message may be ignored.
    4. Your account may be disabled for having the audacity to accuse one of their uploaders of such a crime.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    Ya gotta love it when someone steals something, then gets all indignant and vengeful when someone steals it from them

Quote Originally Posted by Expeto View Post
    I'm extremely disappointed, and thinking about downloading random stuff to kill my buffer and ask to IRC stuff to close my acc.
    Yeah, that'll teach em'!
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Expeto View Post
    I'm extremely disappointed, and thinking about downloading random stuff to kill my buffer and ask to IRC stuff to close my acc. Am I overreacting? Is this common practice? Which trackers are this cheap?
    No need to waste bandwidth on files you don't want, if that's what you're talking about.

If the tracker runs on some sort of TBdev frontend, try appending /delacct.php to the site's URL first. That may save you the hassle of having to ask.

As for your last questions, this isn't unheard of. I've seen SCC packs on TL (the uploader changed the torrent's name and description, but left an SCC NFO inside), and at least one from HD-Bits.ro on IPT, with all the original credits edited to make it look like the IPT uploader did all the work.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbeebops View Post
    complain to tracker B staff
    uploader was "SeniorStaff"

Quote Originally Posted by P2PDog View Post
    Yeah, that'll teach em'!
    You can do quite alot of damage with 10mb/s seedbox which is running "while 1=1 ; do rm -rf torrents/* ; sleep 400; done" for all night, its like H&R , but you don't actually run, you keep hitting H&H!
    But they won't even worth it, I won't be doing it

Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    /delacct.php to the site's URL first. That may save you the hassle of having to ask.
    Thanks for info, it will come handy some day.

Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    As for your last questions, this isn't unheard of. I've seen SCC packs on TL (the uploader changed the torrent's name and description, but left an SCC NFO inside), and at least one from HD-Bits.ro on IPT, with all the original credits edited to make it look like the IPT uploader did all the work.
    It not very surprising a private tracker to steal from another, but stealing from a public tracker, that's is a whole new level of low...

The real reason I'm outraged is, the file was downloaded from MVgroup,a public tracker, my favorite one. They are mostly volunteers striving very hard to make knowledge accessible. Unlike TV shows , its a real challenge to keep documentaries alive in a public tracker.

Seeing senior stuff of ptm stealing from MVgroup , and doing it twice in same day... made me hate myself for seeding PTM torrents.
    Last edited by Expeto; 09-28-2010 at 09:18 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    Expeto: What do you mean by "made a nice torrent"? Did you create the content, or did you just steal it from someone? If you stole it, then you don't appear to be all that concerned with the original creator of that content, so why do you think anyone should be all that concerned with "stealing" it from you?
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Everybody is stealing from someone else. The movies are stolen, games too and so do TV serials. Where's the honor? For sure, not in the filesharing world.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Where's the honor?
    Sometimes you got no other choice!

Imagine: you get in your well desired tracker! No free content, you got bullshit internet (20-30 KB/s crappy upload speed), you are behind firewall, that means: passive!
    You wanna make a ratio, but you can't download a large file, what to do? UPLOAD a torrent! But from where do you get the content?
    You can rapidshare for it or google for it, but hey, there are tons of trackers, even in the same style! Like e-learning... You got a book from bitspyder/bitme, upload it to thegeeks.bz...
    What do you get? You are the uploader, you can have some upload credit, at least your ratio will be fine, and you won't be disabled! What did get a tracker? Another book. What did get the members of the tracker (thegeeks.bz) ? More knowledge! Why is it good to move content form Tracker A to tracker B ? Because not everyone can get into Bitme/Bitspyder, but "everyone" can get into Thegeeks.bz !!! More people get their desired knowledge! That's the honor of the original uploader who steels content. Knowledge for everyone...
    Last edited by RussianNinja; 09-28-2010 at 10:48 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Exclusivity rules are idiotic and hypocritical. Sucks that they scrubbed your nick though, your e-peen must be shrinking
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    i see the public trackers are filled up to neck by encodes stolen from the private trackers and i agree with russian ninja it helps people like me to have have access to that quality content without and hassle since i m not at any private tracker but its really LOW the credits shud go to the original releasers in order to restore the faith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast