Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Generic Names Suck

Poster
    I share the latest episodes of a few animes as soon as they come out. This means that sometimes 8 out of 10 uploads are the same file. Often times, it is obvious that someone is downloading the same file twice and I cancel both downloads. Often times, generic names appear more than once. I cancel and send this message:

This is not meant to be rude. Tell me something. Two people with the same name are downloading the same file from me. How am I supposed to know that it is actually two different people, and not just one leech hogging bandwidth and keeping others from getting files? Exactly, I can't. So, because of this, I must cancel all downloads with generic names like defaultuser@KaZaA, http://[email protected] and other names that automatically come with KaZaA. In other words, you need to change your name. I am not alone in this, so if you want more sources, change your name. Keeping your name generic does NOT keep you safe from the RIAA. If you get this message twice, it just proves my point....it does NOT mean I'm spamming you. Also, don't bother responding to this message since I've blocked all generic names due to rudeness.

Quite frankly I'm so sick of ignorant morons trying to say that keeping their name generic protects them from the RIAA. How stupid is that?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    its crybabys like you that are the reason p2p is gradually getting worse on the fasttracker network
    Do us all a favour and right click the little kazaa icon in the system tray and highlight "exit"

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Due to the fact tha KaZaA stays on 20/24 hrs a day for me, and I have only downloaded 3 files THIS YEAR!!! and I constantly have between 10-15 uploads, exiting would not hurt me at all, but would hurt all the little Otakus downloading from me. In other words, your suggestion is stupid...that's right....stupid. You're suggesting something that would only hurt other people's uploading capability. I have a very nice upload capability and value my sharing very much. I think I have the right to actually be picky about leechers and bandwidth hogs. Besides, as the message says, all they need to do is change their name. It's not that hard.

Get the bee out of your butt and follow it to the sweet golden honey.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    ur so called leechers r probably just wanting to share and spread ur 3 files

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I think theres an option in kazaa to prevent hogging (i might be wrong?). With this option klite will automatically shut off multiple connections to the same person, which is a lot more reliable than sheer guesswork on the usernames.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by boxofslavery@5 November 2003 - 21:42
    Due to the fact tha KaZaA stays on 20/24 hrs a day for me, and I have only downloaded 3 files THIS YEAR!!! and I constantly have between 10-15 uploads, exiting would not hurt me at all, but would hurt all the little Otakus downloading from me.  In other words, your suggestion is stupid...that's right....stupid.  You're suggesting something that would only hurt other people's uploading capability.  I have a very nice upload capability and value my sharing very much.  I think I have the right to actually be picky about leechers and bandwidth hogs.  Besides, as the message says, all they need to do is change their name.  It's not that hard.

Get the bee out of your butt and follow it to the sweet golden honey.
    people like you are a lost cause and know bugger all what filesharing is about.
    Go back to playing solitaire against the computer

Besides, as the message says, all they need to do is change their name. It's not that hard.
    End quote

in reply:...all you need to do is not worry bout everyone else and do ya own thing,ITS NOT THAT HARD!!!!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    yeah, all the time u spent bitching and moaning here u could've been downloading some cool shit

and btw, what the fuck makes u think ur so special and elite to require anyone who wants to download one of ur three files to have a unique name? u must have just heard of leeching or something -- read below my avatar

also what is not generic? john, maybe? probably a million john's on kazaa

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Icebound@5 November 2003 - 23:09
    also what is not generic? john, maybe? probably a million john's on kazaa
    lol

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Try Netstat...

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by boxofslavery@5 November 2003 - 08:31
    I share the latest episodes of a few animes as soon as they come out. This means that sometimes 8 out of 10 uploads are the same file. Often times, it is obvious that someone is downloading the same file twice and I cancel both downloads. Often times, generic names appear more than once. I cancel and send this message:

This is not meant to be rude. Tell me something. Two people with the same name are downloading the same file from me. How am I supposed to know that it is actually two different people, and not just one leech hogging bandwidth and keeping others from getting files? Exactly, I can't. So, because of this, I must cancel all downloads with generic names like defaultuser@KaZaA, http://[email protected] and other names that automatically come with KaZaA. In other words, you need to change your name. I am not alone in this, so if you want more sources, change your name. Keeping your name generic does NOT keep you safe from the RIAA. If you get this message twice, it just proves my point....it does NOT mean I'm spamming you. Also, don't bother responding to this message since I've blocked all generic names due to rudeness.

Quite frankly I'm so sick of ignorant morons trying to say that keeping their name generic protects them from the RIAA. How stupid is that?
    Dude...that might just be the stupidest post of the day.

(There's a lot of stupid here)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast