Thread: Kimsufi C-250G

OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Hi. Is there anyone who frequents this forum and rented a kimsufi c-250g server from OVH? They put a cap on your speed if your per month traffic exceeds 3 TBs, but if you use it for torrenting purposes and don't exceed your traffic limit, what downloading and uploading speeds can you expect with it inside and outside their OVH network?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    Haven't noticed any difference between internal and external. At most you can expect about 150Mbit at once, the HDD cannot keep up if it is any more than 5GB torrent.

On average you can easily do 50Mbit + though.

BTW you are better off just getting a SP mini from pulsedmedia.com and sharing with a friend, that way you get unlimited + 2x500GB so easily 100Mbit average

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Well, I already ordered and received this model directly from ovh; it felt cool ordering directly from ovh. But I have a question. Why wouldn't the server's SATA hdd allow me to have a 200 mbit speed at once? After all, it's SATA. Usually, SATA hard drives are fast enough for such tasks. On the server, I usually get maximum downloading speeds (above 11 MB/sec) with rtorrent, but uploading speeds were much lower. The highest uploading speed I ever experienced was something like 7 MB/sec, but only for a very brief period of time I had this speed. I think, usually my uploading speeds were below 4 MB/sec, but maybe I didn't pick right torrents. If I ever decide to order a gigabit kimsufi server from ovh (a Q-1T model, for example), what downloading and uploading speeds can I expect with it? I think, a customer can purchase a hw raid with this type of server.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    Didn't pick the rights torrents for sure.

Even with Gbit KS though you won't get much more, they only deliver 200Mbit to the internet upload.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Kimsufi is usually 100mbps port, which maxes out at roughly 12mb/sec. On a gigabit port with the right torrent (enough peers, especially euro peers) you could probably hit 50mb/sec assuming the machine is dedicated, one torrent running. The hard drive needle is your prime limitation when on a gigabit port. Disk caching helps a lot. With 3 or 5tb/mo limitation whats the point though, you'd hit your cap in no time. The best i've done was 30mb/sec from a gigE ovh box, but it was shared resources.

If your looking for raw speed purchase an ovh hybrid box, one with a solid state drive. But again with the transfer cap whats the point; My kimsufi seedbox which I use primarily for initial seeding of my releases is on 100mbps port and i've already done 5tb in the past two weeks (kimsufi france version-no transfer cap).

Here are example speeds and performance from my kimsufi 250g:
    http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7595/snap5.png
    http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/6971/snap4.png

Since ovh capped packages speeds to the usa have evened out a lot more to speeds in europe. I still push the best speeds out to europe, countries such as Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands commonly do 1mb/sec+ per peer. Unless you frequently require 100gb+ of storage space or run other programs I don't see any good reason for purchasing a kimsufi dedicated server over any regular seedbox from a company.

Oh and to answer your question about speeds inside the ovh network, I can do 8mb/sec inter-server between two seedboxes within ovh.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Warning: Starting about 2 days ago from this post, OVH has been seriously messing with the traffic on seedbox providers like Feralhosting. I am going to assume there is a large possibility of problems with the Kimsufi but I can't guarantee it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    I don't know if you are referring to the quota problems of weeks ago or a new issue, but so far I haven't seen any major drop in traffic.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7066/snap6c.png

I thought i'd post that image since it was relevant. That's probably the fastest speed to a single peer i've seen out of ovh.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    That is about what I've seen at times, between 7 and 9MB/s to Sweden and Germany.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    as long as 2 years & a half, ovh is always what it is. it is doing just fine. ofc I mean the performance, not the price & models change

MSN: [email protected]
    one Kimsufi 750g is available now. no setup fee. contact me ASAP. it'll be expired on 20th.Oct.